• Publisher: SNK PLAYMORE
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 70.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: All the following SNK apps will be available at $ 0.99 during the "NEOGEO 25th Anniversary" Commemorative Sale!

Sale duration: until May 7th, 2015
Sale price: $0.99
Applications in sale:
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
METAL SLUG 3
METAL SLUG X
METAL SLUG 2
METAL SLUG 1
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97
THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i 2012
THE KING OF FIGHTERS-i
SAMURAI SHODOWN II
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The masterpiece of 2D action-shooting, "METAL SLUG X", lands on iPhone/iPod touch! Foil General Morden's new coup attempt!!

Features list:
A remake of "METAL SLUG 2"!
"METAL SLUG X" is an updated version of "METAL SLUG 2" with a lot of new elements for even more fun and excitement!
Bosses and other enemy characters await you at different points on the battlefield, so that even players who have perfected the previous installment will enjoy this new and improved game map!

Shoot down your enemies with new weapons!!
New weapons, such as the "Iron Lizard" (remote-controlled missiles), the "Drop Shot" (bouncing landmines), and the "Enemy Chaser" (homing missiles), have been added to the impressive METAL SLUG arsenal.

An "Arcade-Perfect" NEOGEO Port with extra features!
In addition to the classic ARCADE MODE, you can select any mission you have previously cleared and play them separately in MISSION MODE. You can enjoy your favorite stages at will and train on the missions you have not mastered yet!

Precise and Customizable Controls!
The Autofire function allows you to fire continuously by holding down the Shot button. Moreover, you can change the position of your configuration outside of the game screen area in Window Mode. Enjoy every pixel of METAL SLUG X with your very own custom controls!

Engage into intense Multiplayer gameplay via Bluetooth!
Now you can enjoy METAL SLUG X with a friend through a Bluetooth connection. Team up with a brother in arms to accomplish together the difficult missions available in METAL SLUG X!

Compatible with GAME CENTER!
Complete the maximum number of ACHIEVEMENTS in order to increase your "METAL SLUG X" Player Rank!
Beat the best scores and become Worlds Number 1!!

Echoseven's comments:

03-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Amazing game, as is the entire series. Won't be purchasing this particular version though as the aspect ratio appears to be off and playing on PC gives a superior choice of graphic filters. Regardless, if you haven't played it, you need to.

03-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Already have 3 Metal Slug games on my device, but there's certainly room for one more. DotEmu has been doing a fantastic job of porting them.

Officially the greatest iOS release night in history. SO many great games.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
This is certainly instabuy for me because of nostalgia and collection purposes, but to be honest, im not sure how much time i'll be spending on this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-06-2013, 07:56 AM
03-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Metal Slug rampage on my wallet never stops...
03-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer added...

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-06-2013 at 10:04 PM.
03-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Isn't this just metal slug 2 with added stuff?

"★A remake of "METAL SLUG 2"!
"METAL SLUG X" is an updated version of "METAL SLUG 2" with a lot of new elements for even more fun and excitement!"

Oh, I see...I'd rather a newer one. How much different is it?

Last edited by Darth Ronfar; 03-06-2013 at 10:08 AM.
03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Isn't this just metal slug 2 with added stuff?

"★A remake of "METAL SLUG 2"!
"METAL SLUG X" is an updated version of "METAL SLUG 2" with a lot of new elements for even more fun and excitement!"

Oh, I see...I'd rather a newer one. How much different is it?

--- from Wikipedia ---

A revised version of Metal Slug 2, titled Metal Slug X, was released on March 1999 for the Neo Geo MVS. It fixed problems with slowdown present in Metal Slug 2, and increased the difficulty. Metal Slug X also introduced a few new elements to the Metal Slug 2 game system. New weapons and items were added, such as the "Iron Lizard" and the "Drop Shot". The enemy placement and bosses were re-arranged as well.

Differences from Metal Slug 2:

Much of the music has been slightly remixed or altered.
Many stages had the time of day changed. Instead of being simply at day or at night, the stages can take place at dusk, twilight, or sunset.
It is now possible for the player character to become fat by collecting food items in every stage after Mission 2, while it was previously only possible in Mission 4.
There is less slowdown than in Metal Slug 2.
All levels contain an increased enemy count and changed enemy placement as well as enemy characters themselves being changed, including altered boss placement.
Vehicle types and locations are usually changed.
There are generally more power ups, prisoners, and items (particularly food), which are often hidden and must be shot to obtain.
Many environmental elements have altered reactions to being shot, such as exploding with unexpected results or randomly spewing out items or enemies.
Heavier damage versions are available for the heavy machine gun, flameshot, shotgun, laser rifle, and rocket launcher. When compared with their normal counterparts, each big/super weapon deals more damage, has a more "fierce" appearance, and has a wider (or longer) area of impact. If the player happens to be fat while using these heavier weapons, a new appearance takes on and the player does even more damage.
Several new weapons were added to the game: Stones, Iron Lizard, Enemy Chaser, Super Grenade, and Drop Shot. A new Metal Slug, the Golden Metal Slug, was added to Mission 3.
The original art for Metal Slug is shown at the end of the game while the credits are rolling, instead of a black screen used in Metal Slug 2.
03-06-2013, 10:26 AM
So essentially is was a bit cheeky of them to release Metal Slug 2 on iOS in the first place because this is legitimately a better version of the same game?

...or am I missing something?

Luckily I didn't buy 2 but was thinking about it, so should I get this instead?