★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Turret Defense game .99 cents

08-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Turret Defense game .99 cents

Hey I'm new to the boards. I didn't see anything on the website about the turret defense game Mote-M. Its actually really good! The controls are really simple to use, although it takes a few times to get accurate with them. Also an update is on the way with a bunch of new towers, online scoring and new maps. Check it out if you like turret defense games.
08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
The reason no one is talking about Mote-M is because there is because it's not worth playing until the new version comes out.

The reasons are that the current version does not have resume play. So you can't exit the program at all for fear of losing everything you've done. You also can't use any tier 2 towers, a glitch in the game disabled them from being selected (much like the tools in the first version of Aurora Feint). Also, the only way to remove a tower is to upgrade a physical tower to level 4 then create a timed block tower . The whole process cost 60!! points.

Luckily, all these things are fixed in the 1.1

Full list up on my blog
http://vegantnt.wordpress.com/2008/0...vailable-soon/

Last edited by VeganTnT; 08-26-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: clarified the towers were not selectable

08-26-2008, 10:27 PM
For a game thats only 99 cents I think its still pretty good. Yeah it has its faults but they are going to be fixed in the next few days. The update is apparently being reviewed by apple. And it wasn't a bug that you cant use the tier 2 towers, those were always supposed to be in the update. Even without the update though I've had some good times from the game. I just was wondering if anyone else had an interest in it because I came upon it by mistake and I really like turret defense games.
08-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk04 View Post
For a game thats only 99 cents I think its still pretty good. Yeah it has its faults but they are going to be fixed in the next few days. The update is apparently being reviewed by apple. And it wasn't a bug that you cant use the tier 2 towers, those were always supposed to be in the update. Even without the update though I've had some good times from the game. I just was wondering if anyone else had an interest in it because I came upon it by mistake and I really like turret defense games.
I agree, it really is a good game. At 99 cents it's a must buy app for anyone. The update should hit in about a week and a half, depending on how fast apple can get reviewed and if the dev was able to patch the bug that appeared in the high score syste.

However, I'm not playing on an Ipod touch I'm playing on an Iphone. It doesn't matter how captivating the game is, or how much I love the genre. If I can't answer phone calls, reply to text, and read my email then we have an issue. I need my phone and can't really justify spending a lot of time with a game that I can't take a break from.

Also, I said that the two towers can't be used which is true. The issue was that they are tier 2 towers sitting there, You upgrade your tier 1 tower the requisite 4 levels... and nothing. The towers remain blacked out. They weren't selectable to say that they aren't available.

Either it was a glitch that they weren't able to be used or stupidity by the dev to add towers that no one can use. If you want to tell me what's coming in the next version show me a link to a "coming soon" page or something. Not some tower I can never use and have no idea why it can't be used.

The devs own site was not clear at all on this either. The page has a description of the towers but under those two towers it says "coming soon" which would indicate the description is coming soon... not the towers themselves.
08-27-2008, 02:21 AM
I had some good fun with the game, but haven't felt the urge to play it because of its shortcomings. I wish they'd polish up the graphics, too. Add some sound effects, the upgradable tiers, pause and save states, and it'll definitely get a lot more playtime from me. I always enjoy a good Tower Defense game.

Matt
08-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk04 View Post
I just was wondering if anyone else had an interest in it because I came upon it by mistake and I really like turret defense games.
I came upon it by mistake too. Even though it isn't fully developed I still love it I'm surprised it's the only tower defense game out in the app store right now. Does anyone else find it weird that you can only find the game by searching tower defense of mote-m in the search bar? The game isn't listed when you're just browsing the list of apps in the game section.
08-28-2008, 09:15 PM
The update is out for the game so it is much more complete now than before. Still only .99 cents!
08-29-2008, 01:04 PM
The update really made the game a lot more fun. Even as incomplete as it was before, I still had fun with it. Now it's incredibly addictive. Wish they would've added a little bit of sound effects, and got rid of that ugly brown background though. Perhaps in another update. At 99 cents, it's a steal.

Matt
08-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Agreed, the game is fun!!

But it needs balancing; the new air-motes are impossible to kill - we need either dedicated anti-air guns, smarter targeting AI, or they need to slow WAY down. Also, it would be GREAT to see a sandbox mode.

Anyway, hope to see these issues addressed soon. In the meantime, a great buy at $0.99!!