★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Angry Birds & Angry Birds HD --> FREE

03-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Angry Birds & Angry Birds HD --> FREE

HD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds-hd/id364234221?mt=8
03-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I've heard a few people say they've enjoyed this game. I suppose it's about time I pick it up.

03-07-2013, 06:42 AM
When did this become a Rovio title?
Yes, yes, I know it was made by Rovio, but this being the original first game, it was originally *published* and sold by Chillingo. (All the subsequent AB titles that came after were self-published.)
Now it looks like the original game is back in Rovio's hands and is being sold by themselves?

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
03-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
When did this become a Rovio title?
Yes, yes, I know it was made by Rovio, but this being the original first game, it was originally *published* and sold by Chillingo. (All the subsequent AB titles that came after were self-published.)
Now it looks like the original game is back in Rovio's hands and is being sold by themselves?
I don't think it was chillingo, it was click gamer or something like that who published it originally. (Not sure if they were part of chillingo?)
Either way they must have thought its easier to have them all under the same publisher now there making bazillions of $$$
03-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
they must have thought its easier to have them all under the same publisher now there making bazillions of $$$
Exactly! Why would the original publisher let go of the title if it was making so much money? I guess maybe their original contract came to an end...

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)
03-07-2013, 07:38 AM
I now own all the Angry Birds minus Space, which is funny because I don't even like the franchise.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
03-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Cool. I'll grab hd for my future iPad. Thanks for the heads up.

There's an update for te first game out now too.. But the Click Gamer screen was removed in one of the recent past updates.
03-07-2013, 07:50 AM
"seems like a fun game. definitely gonna give this a try!", or
"hell, i just bought this two and a half years ago!", or
"are the IAPs required to complete the game?"

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
03-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I now own all the Angry Birds minus Space, which is funny because I don't even like the franchise.
I own them all... =o/

I really don't like the original, Rio or Seasons - but Space and Star Wars are great. Then again, I'm a sucker for the whole gravity/physics thing (like Bombardier's Guild, G-Into The Rain, Gravity Fleet, ect...) - so I can kind of get past the whole 'it's Angry Birds' thing when it comes to those two titles. But my wife - she is OBSESSED with Seasons and Rio. She's going to love that now I've got her the original AB on my iPad (she prefers to play on the larger screen).
03-07-2013, 09:00 AM
This marks the first time since about May 2010 that a Rovio title hasn't been in Top 80 Grossing apps.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.