★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Chip Chain for Android

03-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Chip Chain for Android

Hi! We just launched our free game Chip Chain for Android today, so we wanted to let you all know about it.

Polygon.com says it best:
Quote:
Dig Drop7 or Tripletown? Chip Chain is the unholy combination of the two. Essentially you're placing down poker chips which, when paired with two of the same value, rank up into the higher level chip, yielding potential combos. It's simple, elegant and full of strategy, especially when you factor in bonus cards that can augment the chips on the board. It's also free and offers a surprisingly large amount of content before you have to pony up some dough.
Trailer

Hope that you enjoy the game! Let us know what you think. Thanks!
03-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Just mentioning drop 7 is enough to get a download from me. Thanks for the heads up.

03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I am *loving* this game. Gameplay is definitely addictive. I meant to play for 5 minutes just to check it out, and before I knew it 20 minutes had slipped by.

Just as a heads up, when I hit the back button to exit the game, I got an error message. I've posted the screenshot below.

03-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Great game, great news! Honestly this game should cost at least 2 dlls. Kudos!!
03-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez View Post
Great game, great news! Honestly this game should cost at least 2 dlls. Kudos!!
Hey, you are killing me on the leaderboards to this game Do you have an advice on how to get higher scores? I usually try to drop as many chips as I can before I start to chain together a combo, but that doesn't seem to be getting me enough points to get to top of the leaderboards.
03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Sure, use the cards below the screen as much as u can and dont rush it unless you are playing against the time. Every time you decide where to put a chip, take a look at the cards and use them instead the chips as much as you can. Also try the cards when you are building the chains. Good luck and sorry 4 my english.

Last edited by menendez; 03-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.
03-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez View Post
Sure, use the cards below the screen as much as u can and dont rush it unless you are playing against the time. Every time you decide where to put a chip, take a look at the cards and use them instead the chips as much as you can. Also try the cards when you are building the chains. Good luck and sorry 4 my english.
Good advice thank you, and don't worry your English is fine!
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
How do the card purchasing mechanics impact the high score? If you can purchase unlimited coins for $10, can't you just keep on going forever?