★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Marine Sharpshooter #1 Top Free Game

07-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Marine Sharpshooter #1 Top Free Game

Price $0.99/59p

Marine Sharpshooter iPhone: The best selling sniping game of all time, with over a million copies sold on the PC, is now available in a completely customized version for the iPhone and iPod Touch devices.

You are a Marine Sharpshooter, a member of an elite American military force waging a silent war against terror across the globe. Dropped behind enemy lines, you must uncover and dismantle an elaborate terrorist plot to launch a series of co-ordinated attacks around the world. Your mission will take you from hidden outposts in desert cities to full scale military bases. Make every shot count, your country and the free world is depending on you. Remember your mantra: "One shot, one kill."

Game Features:
- Play through 5 major missions, each containing over a dozen combat environments
- Multiple scenarios including hostage rescue and target assassination missions
- Multiple rifles choose from sniper weapons including the SR25, M82 and more; each weapon has unique attributes including damage, recoil, firing rate, etc.
- Strategic gameplay: take out enemies at higher vantage points and avoid detection longer
- 2 Play modes, Story Mode and Arcade Mode, ensure plenty of action
- 2 types of control: swipe your touch screen or tilt to aim

07-07-2009, 05:51 PM
This looks pretty nice. I'm interested to see the game play.

07-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Sniper

Downloading now. The PC game was just allright...hoping for higher fun-factor on the iphone.
07-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Let me know what you think, pirkle.
07-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirkle View Post
Downloading now. The PC game was just allright...hoping for higher fun-factor on the iphone.
Let us know what you think!
07-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Are the targets animated or cardboard cutouts?
07-07-2009, 06:06 PM
I just played the arcade mode. It's definitely better than the other sniper games in the app store...and worth the 99c. What's different than the PC version...is that in the brief level I played, there is no navigation or walking anywhere. The level starts with you looking at a scene from far away. The screen shows areas that have red circles around them. You click on a circle and it zooms into an area that has about 5 bad guys. You have to shoot them quickly before they start shooting back. The worst part missing about this game is being able to choose a hiding spot so that the bad guys accuracy is lessened (this is the critical job of a marine sniper)...so the tactical elements I was really looking for don't seem to exist. But, I only played one game mode real quick to get an idea about what the game looks like. Graphics are good.
07-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
They are Animated
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
No they are deffo not cardboard cutouts They do indeed move...Only played 1 level so far but seems good so far...Bit similar to Shooter....So if you like that game then you may want to get this as only 59p/$0.99....

Ist level has you kill all enemies in different locations....Basically tap on highlighted area and then it zooms in like on Shooter with your sniper scope and it has your breathing on the left to steady yourself for shots and your fire trigger on the right...Scope the area and shoot to kill

Thats all i've played tho so far.....
07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirkle View Post
I just played the arcade mode. It's definitely better than the other sniper games in the app store...and worth the 99c. What's different than the PC version...is that in the brief level I played, there is no navigation or walking anywhere. The level starts with you looking at a scene from far away. The screen shows areas that have red circles around them. You click on a circle and it zooms into an area that has about 5 bad guys. You have to shoot them quickly before they start shooting back. The worst part missing about this game is being able to choose a hiding spot so that the bad guys accuracy is lessened (this is the critical job of a marine sniper)...so the tactical elements I was really looking for don't seem to exist. But, I only played one game mode real quick to get an idea about what the game looks like. Graphics are good.
You beat me to it