★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Horn by Zynga Now $1.99

03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Horn by Zynga Now $1.99

03-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Should I Lockedz this or just wait? I have no time nowadays to play. (have Lili, I gladiator, Brandnewboy and other games I still need to finish taking 90% of my space on my phone)

03-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfa View Post
Should I Lockedz this or just wait? I have no time nowadays to play. (have Lili, I gladiator, Brandnewboy and other games I still need to finish taking 90% of my space on my phone)
I have so many games yet to play, I think I'll wait till the next sale. Plus it has tons of different IAP options... In not sure how that effect the game.
03-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfa View Post
Good question, I'm sure it will be $2.99 again, but will it go cheaper? Possibly.

Good game though, highly recommended.
03-08-2013, 01:35 AM
will wait for cheaper or free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Good question, I'm sure it will be $2.99 again, but will it go cheaper? Possibly.

Good game though, highly recommended.
yeah mixed reviews... still too new of a game, was $2.99 before and could see this going cheaper or free if they push IAPs. its on wishlist but will hold out for cheaper price.
03-08-2013, 01:37 AM
The IAP is not an issue at all, really. If you get any weapon with the Light property, or the Light amulet with STICKO, your healing will easily outscale your damage, so you don't need to worry about potions at all. You don't have to worry about late-game items until the actual late game, but if you're smart about your play you'll never really be hard up for Pyrite or Pyrite Cores. For example, if you know to look for Pyrite Cores while in town or during missions, you will find no shortage of them around (you can shoot them to acquire them). There is one that always spawns above the docks of Suddene, which is basically a free Core. If you're skilled and know to bargain for better rerolls in the arena, an hour or so of the endless arena in Suddene will give you enough to max out whatever weapon you please, and you can keep going for a high-end outfit if you wish. Basically, the game keeps its pace very well past Suddene, and by that point you should be able to fast-track your gear without IAP.

Highly recommended on the basis of the soundtrack and dialogue alone.
03-08-2013, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I have so many games yet to play, I think I'll wait till the next sale. Plus it has tons of different IAP options... In not sure how that effect the game.
The IAP are for those who cant play the game (soft cheats that ruin game balance), and for those who are unwilling to grind IF and only IF they want to unlock everything. Some equips look too expensive, but you can definitely finish the game WITHOUT IAPs.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The IAP are for those who cant play the game (soft cheats that ruin game balance), and for those who are unwilling to grind IF and only IF they want to unlock everything. Some equips look too expensive, but you can definitely finish the game WITHOUT IAPs.
Thanks. I noticed how freakishly large the Top IAP list was and got a sick feeling. At one point too the feedback on the game had it vey low rated on Appsfire ... I see that too has changed.
03-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Have they fixed those ios 6/iPhone 5 performance issues everyone seemed to be harping on the last time they updated?
03-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Thanks. I noticed how freakishly large the Top IAP list was and got a sick feeling. At one point too the feedback on the game had it vey low rated on Appsfire ... I see that too has changed.
Yeah, they're there, but it's a "Premium" title, so you don't have to use them...

DBC

I could never give up.