★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Great Leaping Lambrettinis

07-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Great Leaping Lambrettinis

itunes link - 99 cents

Great Leaping Lambrettinis

The Great Leaping Lambrettinis, a famous italian circus artist family, rehearse their new and daring teeterboard act. However, the coordination among the Lambrettinis has yet to improve. Since they are all involved in the show they for once hire a coach who is not a member of the family but still a world-accepted authority in the realm of the teeterboard: YOU!
Now it's your job to assure that the Labrettinis make it to the next teeterborad and not to the next hospital.

This game is a tribute to the glorious electronic handheld games of the 80s, like the Nintendos Game & Watch series, Tricotronic, Tomy or Tiger Electronics. However, this is not a mere copy of an existing game but a new development, that has the look and the gameplay feeling of the originals.

Quick manual:
- The Lambrettinis keep jumping from the platform on the righe onto the first teeterboard
- If you tap on a teeterboard the Lambrettini who stands on it jumps to the other side
- If you tap on a human pyramid the top Lambrettini jumps down
- Make sure not to jump on someones head when jumping down
- The Lambrettinis can build human pyramids three man high but no more
- Every 100 points you get a new life and get up one level
- The aim of the game is the triumphant landing on the very left side

07-07-2009, 10:14 PM
has anyone tried this? love the retro look

07-08-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah, did anybody tried it?
i`m really interested in comments, because i made the graphics for this game.

as you can see at my birthdate, i`m really old. and so, i still remember as i got my first game&watch game. it was octopus and i love it.

and a friend and me always wanted to make a computergame of ourself, but we only thought about complicated games so we never did it.

but at the start of this year we decided to make a little game and which kind of little games could be fun?
yes, these old LCD handheld games.

but we didn`t want to make a clone of an old game, it should be something new.

so we make great leaping lambrettinis.

we tried to make it as realistic as it could, but there is a little mistake in it.
the teeterboard isn`t possible in this style, if you made a real lcd game.

and the gameplay is a little bit different.

nevermind.

hope, there will be anybody out there, who like the game.

and i hope, my friend and i will have time to make other games for the iphone soon.

oh, btw. english isn`t my native language, so if there are any bad mistakes just be kind.

ps: there is a global highscore, so you can mess you with other gamers worldwide.

Last edited by nickcaveman; 07-08-2009 at 12:30 PM.
07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
cool, seems fun
07-08-2009, 12:39 PM
too sad, that apple didn`t allowed us to use this picture:
07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
lol, that is pretty funny
07-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Looks cool. I'll buy if first impressions are good.
07-09-2009, 04:57 AM
Playing Tips

Hello there,

I'm also eager to see how you people like this game, because I'm the coder and me and my friend (that nickcaveman guy) had been talking about making a game together for 15 years (no exaggeration!) and now we finally did it and this is all very exiting :-)

Here's a little playing tip: The game starts pretty slow, so there is enough time to build up triple towers. They give you twice as much points and you can reach something like 200 points quickly and easily. As the Lambrettinis start to jump from the start position in shorter intervals you have to go down to double towers or you won't make it. Finding the right moment for that is crucial. Once you are down to double towers you can play that game infinitely long. Theoretically, that is :-) It gets pretty tough and you have to concentrate like hell so at some point you will crack up, but it will be interesting to see how far the limit can be pushed...

Regards and have fun
Sebastian Mecklenburg
07-09-2009, 06:01 AM
promo codes

it`s seems to be normal to give away promocodes, if a new game release, so we do it too.
first 5 people, who write me gets a promocode.
07-09-2009, 06:08 AM
pm sent!