★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Big Bike or Die 2 Update

12-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Big Bike or Die 2 Update

Bike or Die 2 update came out.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297288395&mt=8
12-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
would be all over this game if it wasn't $6.99

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !

12-05-2008, 02:58 AM
Thats why you should of bought it when it was £1.79 :P
12-05-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't think I'll be buying this game, even with the update. It looks fun, it's just that I don't want to go bankrupt

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

12-05-2008, 05:02 AM
Yes, but unfortunately none of the updated elements of the game actually affect the bike itself, ie: its "bounciness" or its sensitivity...

• Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond YnthParachute PanicChicken Raid
• Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
12-05-2008, 05:12 AM
to be fair, the "bounciness" is the same in my Palm Zodiac (don't laugh !) version, but what makes that one easier to play, are the physical controls (including vibration) not onscreen ones
12-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyduk View Post
to be fair, the "bounciness" is the same in my Palm Zodiac (don't laugh !) version, but what makes that one easier to play, are the physical controls (including vibration) not onscreen ones
Just wondering, in the older version, do you still die from stupid things caused by the 'bounce'? This is my only gripe of the game. Suspension softness and recoil control/adjustment would just about make my day. I was disappointed not to see this in the update.. Maybe later tho. It's still a sweet as game.
12-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
Just wondering, in the older version, do you still die from stupid things caused by the 'bounce'? This is my only gripe of the game. Suspension softness and recoil control/adjustment would just about make my day. I was disappointed not to see this in the update.. Maybe later tho. It's still a sweet as game.
yes you still die. bounce too much and hit your head on the ceiling or nastily placed spike. I've played BOD & BOD2 on my Zodiac for the last 2 years nearly every work day, and the biggest problem I have with the iphone version is the lack of hardware buttons and vibration - it just leaves the game feeling very floaty. Some of the levels require very quick swapping of direction/braking and I find that difficult to do when I haven't got any physical buttons.

The screen is is fantastically clear compared to my zodiac version, but it's one the few conversions i've been disappointed with so far.

Mat
12-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Ah that's interesting to hear. As your obviously a master at this game, in you opinion what do you think of the suspension of the bike? Is you success rate tiny like mine and do you get frustrated like me when you (well you might not have to but I do) repeat levels over and over etc. just to finish. Or have you developed über BoD skills as to be really consistant with the game?
12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
Ah that's interesting to hear. As your obviously a master at this game, in you opinion what do you think of the suspension of the bike? Is you success rate tiny like mine and do you get frustrated like me when you (well you might not have to but I do) repeat levels over and over etc. just to finish. Or have you developed über BoD skills as to be really consistant with the game?
heheh. Well I'm definitely not a master of it !! I'm just addicted to it and wish they would convert it to some other consoles (XBLA - community games would be ideal, or even the DS/PSP).

The frustration for me is much less on the Zodiac version, but I still get the same massive sense of satisfaction when I finish a level that's had me stuck.I normally play about 10 to 15 minutes a day at work, so sometimes I can be stuck on a level for 2 weeks !!

As a biker, it's definitely not a true physics based game, but I still think the lack of physical controls on the Iphone, in this case, hamper the game design. If you feel a move needs correcting, with hardware buttons, it's much quicker and assured to make the correction without missing the on screen button, touching another onscreen button by mistake or overcorrecting

Maybe the author could introduce a physics "dampner" for the iphone version. He's quite approachable and willing to listen.