★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Robokill 2 $2.99 -> FREE

03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Robokill 2 $2.99 -> FREE


03-09-2013, 03:38 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Any good?

03-09-2013, 03:41 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Well... it was - but I just saw that they updated the game, and they added IAPs... so I dunno if it went freemium or what.

The iPod/iPhone version was just released Feb 28th... and doesn't have any IAPs, so I dunno if that one will get the same update or not...

But for free - I guess. So long as they didn't change the balancing of anything. I'm scared to update and find out.
03-09-2013, 04:01 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Well... it was - but I just saw that they updated the game, and they added IAPs... so I dunno if it went freemium or what.

The iPod/iPhone version was just released Feb 28th... and doesn't have any IAPs, so I dunno if that one will get the same update or not...

But for free - I guess. So long as they didn't change the balancing of anything. I'm scared to update and find out.
Please tell me you are... [expletive removed] kidding me. Can I not update ANYTHING anymore?

[expletive removed]

DBC

I could never give up.
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Please tell me you are... [expletive removed] kidding me. Can I not update ANYTHING anymore?

[expletive removed]

DBC
Nope - not kidding... here's the update notes;

Quote:
What's New in Version 1.5
- Added two new weapons - Charge Laser and Super Charge Laser
- Added four new equipments - Charge Booster, Shield Booster, Insurance, Rapid Fire
- In-app purchase added
03-09-2013, 04:08 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Nope - not kidding... here's the update notes;
[expletive removed]

DBC

I could never give up.
03-09-2013, 04:12 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,104
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Ah - okay - they just added 1 new IAP - "Insurance" - "Avoid reclaiming rooms and money loss when you die"

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been re-balanced or anything. I've only played through 1 level though. But still - yes, worth picking up for free.
03-09-2013, 04:14 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Maine!
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Ah - okay - they just added 1 new IAP - "Insurance" - "Avoid reclaiming rooms and money loss when you die"

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been re-balanced or anything. I've only played through 1 level though. But still - yes, worth picking up for free.
If it's all the same to you, I think I might just wait a bit to update...

DBC

I could never give up.
03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 190
Oh sweet. Optimized for the iPhone 5 too. Used to play the first one on my computer.

So when does it go free?
03-09-2013, 06:00 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfa View Post
Oh sweet. Optimized for the iPhone 5 too. Used to play the first one on my computer.

So when does it go free?
You mean the iPhone version ...
I don't think it does