★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Come one Disney...

12-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Come one Disney...

Come on Disney! Twice now they have released promotional games for movies and they expect us to pay through the nose to get them. I'm all for paying for good games, but when a major company puts out low quality games for high prices, they shouldn't expect much success. Although since it's Disney they get automatic success

Disney Fairies Fly! - WD's Latest iPhone title

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

12-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I like Disney fairies fly. I thought that it complemented the movie. We have that DVD and my kids love it and were thrilled to have a game related to the movie. It was worth paying $4.99 and I think is is a great game. To each his own. I personally would love and would pay for more Disney games.

12-05-2008, 10:58 AM
FWIW my daughter loves Fairies Fly. The game is decent enough, but the price is a rip.
12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Isn't Rhinoball Disney? That was decent for a free game. My kids love playing it.
12-05-2008, 11:24 AM
I hate to say it but in our house $4.99 to feed a preschooler fairy fix seemed pretty cheap. That is in relation to the $120.00 I just spent on Disney on Ice tickets starring the fairies and our other family favorite Ariel
12-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I'm not really a fan of Disney. Some of their movies are all right, but personally I don't really want to have anything to do with their games or TV shows.

I just hope they don't come out with a cheesey Hannah Montana singing game or something horrible like that.

Disney used to have some great movies, but with its new games and TV shows, I think I've lost most of my respect it.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I'm not really a fan of Disney. Some of their movies are all right, but personally I don't really want to have anything to do with their games or TV shows.

I just hope they don't come out with a cheesey Hannah Montana singing game or something horrible like that.

Disney used to have some great movies, but with its new games and TV shows, I think I've lost most of my respect it.
It could be worse. You can have High School Musical for the iPhone . I can't believe i saw that movie with my gf :|

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
12-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer_megadeth View Post
It could be worse. You can have High School Musical for the iPhone . I can't believe i saw that movie with my gf :|
I saw the first one when it came out.

After that I was like, "screw Disney..." lol

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I agree that Hannah Montana is pretty hard to take. Yesterday in school 3 girs in class out of 8 had Hannah tshirts on. Kind of sickening. They market so heavily to these young kids and the kids sure do love all that stuff.

Unfortunately High School Musical is pretty big over here too. I've heard those songs so many times I could sing them in my sleep! I just go along and hope that the infatuation fades and then just wait for the next big thing to come along.
12-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey! Why you guys hatin' on Hannah?