★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Invader Hunter -> Free

03-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Invader Hunter -> Free

Great game; a bit like Monster Hunter in arenas with guns (and only guns).
03-11-2013, 09:06 AM
I'll check it out. Thanks.

03-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Invader Hunter is a lot of fun.
03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
DOOOOOOOOD.

One of the best MH clones on the iOS, and probably the closest thing to it. Definitely one of my favorite iOS games of all time, and i hope the sale is for some good reasons.

As far as i know, (replayed the game from scratch last month when i got the ipad mini, but am still only halfway through) there are still no IAPs, and what you get is some good action, a bit of farming, tons of loot and items, and one hell of a good time.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-11-2013, 10:44 AM
@ undeadcow & ExactPsience -

Maybe you guys could throw your TA rating on this one? I almost avoided it based on the user rating, and if it's as good as you say (which I have no reason to doubt), it's currently getting screwed by a lower-than-deserved rating...

DBC

I could never give up.
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
@ undeadcow & ExactPsience -

Maybe you guys could throw your TA rating on this one? I almost avoided it based on the user rating, and if it's as good as you say (which I have no reason to doubt), it's currently getting screwed by a lower-than-deserved rating...

DBC
I gave it a 5 on the appstore. However, since it's almost like Monster Hunter (the originals, not the crappy iOS version), the game is also love it or loathe it title, however, from the main thread, you will find that there are more people likin the title than otherwise.

For free, pick it up, give the game a chance and play it a bit, and see if the simplified MH formula works for you. Nothing to lose, but a lot can be gained if you end up liking it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
There... rated it on here. And a well-deserved 5-star it is.

03-11-2013, 11:27 AM
I like the game. Played a few levels and find it enjoyable.
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I gave it a 5 on the appstore. However, since it's almost like Monster Hunter (the originals, not the crappy iOS version), the game is also love it or loathe it title, however, from the main thread, you will find that there are more people likin the title than otherwise.

For free, pick it up, give the game a chance and play it a bit, and see if the simplified MH formula works for you. Nothing to lose, but a lot can be gained if you end up liking it.
I hated MH for the PSP back in the day for a couple reasons. One, it's was terribly confusing. I would probably understand it better now, but back then, not a chance. Two, it was so highly rated and I just could not, for the life of me, get into it. I was looking for cooperative multiplayer games, and it turned out it was only local multiplayer; which was convenient for those who lived in like Korea (maybe Japan?) and literally meet at cafes and just game; the ones who actually need to go to computer rehab; but what about the rest of us?

ANYWAY, rant aside, this is not MH. I've downloaded it and I will try it with an open mind. It certainly looks cool, and I hope I'll enjoy it.

EDIT: This game is flipping awesome.

Last edited by repapermunky; 03-11-2013 at 01:05 PM.
03-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Really wish this supported the widescreen... It really seems like games with dual stick controls play a LOT worse with the quarter inch dead zones... One little pixel off and it totally screws you up. =o/

But yah, I've still got this on my iPad, and its a GREAT game. Don't regret purchasing it way back at all. If you don't have it yet, you should definitely pick it up.