★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Tiny Bang Story HD [iPad] ~ $2.99 => $0.99

03-11-2013, 04:44 PM
The Tiny Bang Story HD [iPad] ~ $2.99 => $0.99

On my phone, could someone post iTunes info, thanks!
03-11-2013, 05:02 PM

GameCenter : Shero89

03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Plenty of game, here, for 99 cents.

The screenshots might lead you to think it's a Machinarium-type point-and-click adventure, and while there *is* a strong Amanita Design influence in the visuals, sound, atmosphere and pacing, the game itself is really more like one of those "hidden object" things that some people seem to love, sprinkled with a handful of the kind of puzzles you'd find in a Prof. Layton title.

So if you know someone who'd go nuts for that, let them know about the sale.

And even if a hidden object game isn't something you'd usually consider buying, I think I can recommend this one. Personally, once I'd got past my disappointment that it wasn't the kind of game I thought it was, I found myself quite enjoying The Tiny Bang Story. It's relaxing to play, and the surreal, lushly detailed world was fun to spend time in
03-11-2013, 06:29 PM
For what it's worth, I really hate this games where you have a lit of objects to find in a cluttered picture. This is nothing like those. There is some hidden object finding to be done, but it's done way better than in those games - and there are some nifty puzzles as well.
03-11-2013, 06:52 PM
was free still no play

got it when it was free for 1-day in FEB, but still haven't played it...just didn't look shockingly interesting over other puzzle games
03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
For what it's worth, I really hate this games where you have a lit of objects to find in a cluttered picture. This is nothing like those. There is some hidden object finding to be done, but it's done way better than in those games - and there are some nifty puzzles as well.
Yup. I should say, too, that you aren't searching for objects within unmoving images; you're presented with animated, interactive "rooms" that are more like the scenes of a point-and-click adventure. But rather than the traditional puzzles of a point-and-click, you're mostly looking for jigsaw pieces, mechanical parts, etc., which are hidden in the environment. Finding all of a particular set then usually allows you to unlock a Prof. Layton style puzzle.
04-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Sale back on
04-08-2013, 06:13 PM
One of the better HdOs i've played. Recommended if you like playing these types of adventure games.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I got this game when it was free as well, and I finished the game. It is part Machinarium, part hidden object game. I prefer Machinarium by a long ways, but it was interesting nonetheless. It held my interest until I finished it. There were some frustrating moments, but overall it was good. I do love the style of artwork that is in the game.
04-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
One of the better HdOs i've played. Recommended if you like playing these types of adventure games.
I'm starting to think that you and me enjoy nearly every game genre.