★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: RUMBL Media
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 46.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Built with freedom in mind, there are no point systems, time limits, or rules simply because when it comes to cars and drifting, you should be free to do whatever you want!

We've put in loads of smoke, skidmarks and dynamic obstacles to ensure your drifkhana experience is as close to the real thing as possible.

Driftkhana lets you drift till your heart's content, interacting with a variety of objects within the set. Moveable ramps, giant road cones and beach balls are but a few of the fun props you'll find yourself skidding around.

MORE CARS COMING SOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ0gvFN_wFY

Key Features:
- World class physics
- Multiple control options
- Multiple camera views
- Dynamic props and obstacles
- Movable ramps
- Loads of smoke :)

Gabrien's comments:

Note: Lite version also available.
03-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Tried the lite version. The physics are good, gameplay is smooth and fun, but I am not willing to buy the full version unless it allows you to reposition on-screen controls on the iPad, and has the option of tilt steering. "More options" is mentioned in the blurb for the full version but that is fairly ambiguous, and it seems silly to not make available all control options in an app designed for the user to evaluate the gameplay experience.
03-13-2013, 03:28 AM
In case anyone cares: I picked up the full version after all. Tilt steering is available, re-positioning of on-screen controls is not. The full game gives you an extra track, and an extra car to play with.
07-18-2013, 03:32 AM
This has just been updated, and I firmly believe at least a handful of certain folks here could do a lot worse than picking this up, if they missed it before.
07-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Statement: this reminds me of another underdog racer (name escapes me for now), which one gets points by drifting along a course. Graphics are not at RR level, but the game play and control are very good.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)