App description: IGF Finalist of 2013 now available
#2 Best free puzzle game of 2012 "indiegames.com"

A game about a farsh (Persian for carpet) , originally developed by award winning indie game developer Mahdi Bahrami , in which the player is put into a minimalistic environment where spatial puzzles are solved by rolling and unrolling a carpet over platforms to find the right connection to the exit point of each level.

Because of the unique form of gameplay and cultured theme of the game, Farsh has been chosen as the #2 best free puzzle game of 2012 by indiegames.com and won a glorious place among the finalists of IGF 2013.

"I never would have thought that carpet could be so much fun when incorporated into a game. This mind-bending puzzler may be one of the most innovative iOS games Ive played in a long time." - Angela LaFollette (148Apps) - (4.5/5)

Siamak's comments:
A game about a farsh (Persian for carpet) , originally developed by award winning indie game developer Mahdi Bahrami , in which the player is put into a minimalistic environment where spatial puzzles are solved by rolling and unrolling a carpet over platforms to find the right connection to the exit point of each level.

Because of the unique form of gameplay and cultured theme of the game, Farsh has been chosen as the #2 best free puzzle game of 2012 by indiegames.com and won a glorious place among the finalists of IGF 2013.

Download iTunes (universal): Farsh $1.99

03-13-2013, 03:25 AM
I tried out the PC version and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the mechanics so I've yet to decide whether or not to pick up the iOS version, but I must say...the music is exquisite. Wow!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

03-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I tried out the PC version and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the mechanics so I've yet to decide whether or not to pick up the iOS version, but I must say...the music is exquisite. Wow!
The PC version had an unbalanced level of difficulty , where the levels became too hard before the player had the chance to learn the mechanics.
In this version the levels are redesigned to help the players learn the mechanics progressively and has a very carefully laid level of difficulty.
Also we have improved the gameplay and added new elements. The top-down view button is a great addition to visualize the level from a top-down perspective , giving the player a better view on the puzzle.

Moslem Rasouli has done an amazing job on the music indeed. He created a second version for us as well which is played in the menu.
03-13-2013, 04:54 AM
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id611479887?mt=8

Last edited by Echoseven; 03-13-2013 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Added to first post
03-13-2013, 07:26 AM
No iPhone 5 4-inch screen support?
03-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyukialex View Post
No iPhone 5 4-inch screen support?
No unfortunately the 4-inch support was not added since we wanted to have support for IOS 3.2+ and 4-inch screen requires IOS 4.3+.

However support for 4-inch screens will be included in the next update.
03-13-2013, 11:35 PM
Gratz on the "best free game" award. Should I become an early adopter or are there plans to run a sale soon?

Not being difficult, just being thrifty.
03-14-2013, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Gratz on the "best free game" award. Should I become an early adopter or are there plans to run a sale soon?

Not being difficult, just being thrifty.
Thanks.
We have no plans for a sale yet though
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Crazy good review from 148apps guys. Congrats!!!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Crazy good review from 148apps guys. Congrats!!!
Wow, so great to get noticed by a website such as 148apps. Editor's choice and 4.5/5 stars.
Thanks for putting up the link. Now if we only could get a review by toucharcade editors as well