★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NGmoco, and Freeverse Interview about 3gs/splintered market

07-08-2009, 03:51 PM
NGmoco, and Freeverse Interview about 3gs/splintered market

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=24101

Pretty interesting, glad to see they don't have plans to abandon the older hardware.

plus+: dHustead
PSN: dHustead
XBL: dHustead
07-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Interesting read... I think until Apple unveils a radically different iPhone... the market will stay pretty uniform. Games that are ideal for the touch interface w/ the small screen rarely need great processing power. And only a few games seem to be pushing the limits of the older iDevices (Real Racing, Doom) I don't think we have to worry about being abandoned on the older equipment for quite some time.

Warp Gate is finally here...

Others currently getting play time: Strategery... the other 30 apps I own never really get played.

07-08-2009, 04:06 PM
I really don't care I just want my fancier graphics on my new iPhone !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that claim as well. I had thought it was Crash, or SMB. I own an iphone 3g and a 3gs. I'd like if they started implementing high quality options you can change depending on your device, much like PC gaming does with high end and lower end graphics cards. Either way, they will hit a point when they will need to optimize the games for the flagship idevice. Like Spiffyone said, my guess would be around summer 2010.

plus+: dHustead
PSN: dHustead
XBL: dHustead
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Quote:
"Not to say that they're not gonna sell a ton of 3GSes," Smith adds. But the price reduction on the 3G iPhone to $99 is really what's going to drive a userbase explosion, he believes, meaning the 3GS will continue to be a minority in the market for some time to come.
Hmm, so someone is going to buy an iphone b/c they will pay only $2300 vs $2400 over a two year ATT plan??

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."