★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sefirah [Universal] ~ $2.99 => $0.99

03-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Sefirah [Universal] ~ $2.99 => $0.99

Has anyone here played it? Whilst the game looks very good, there have been some pretty negative reviews about it...

03-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
There are healers, and yes, the game is in english. Pretty much Battleheart that gets too grindy later on. Good art style and controls. Cant say anything that bad about the gameplay as i did enjoy it, but was required to grind or go IAP somewhere in the middle of the game which I really hated. Imma fire this game up again though, and see if i may have just made a mistake or something.
From the main thread. Kinda turned me off.

03-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Had this on my wish list. I was hoping it's good but a couple itunes reviews gave me the brush off.

I must've accidentally rated the game here 3/5, and I'm surprised clicking the rating again took it off.
03-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
What turned you off exactly? Exact-Psience said he enjoyed the game as did I and there are many others in the main thread that did too. The IAP is incredibly reasonable and totally optional if you like to grind a bit. Tons of games on IOS require grinding. The game is really long and there's more than your moneys worth for $0.99. I beat the game but I didnt grind for the highest level armors but I didn't grind for all the highest level armors in Battleheart either and that's my all time favorite game.
03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
Well, for a buck, it's pretty enough to give a try. Can't be any worse than the myriad other Battleheart style games I've played (honestly, the only one that was any good was Skylanders Battlegrounds, and with its price tag and pedigreee, it had better been).

Game Center : "Chip H."
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
What turned you off exactly? Exact-Psience said he enjoyed the game as did I and there are many others in the main thread that did too. The IAP is incredibly reasonable and totally optional if you like to grind a bit. Tons of games on IOS require grinding. The game is really long and there's more than your moneys worth for $0.99. I beat the game but I didnt grind for the highest level armors but I didn't grind for all the highest level armors in Battleheart either and that's my all time favorite game.
"...too grindy later on.... ....was required to grind or go IAP somewhere in the middle of the game which I really hated..."
I'd say that this portion of what I quoted was what turned me off.
I'm not a fan of artificially extending the length of a game with unnecessary grinding or IAP. I'm not sure that defines this game. It seems like it might though. So for $.99 or even free I'll probably pass.
03-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
That was from the first version whicjh wasnt released internationally yet. The game's pretty good now as it is.

One of the more decent and more visually better of the Battleheart clones.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-15-2013, 07:18 AM
If you like Battleheart then you are going to like this game too. It's good and for a buck it's a must!

Heavy Devil is my latest game, check it out! AppStore GooglePlay
03-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Ok this slipped through my radar, didnt knew about it. Looks very polished and after reading a bit of the main thread closed the sale with me.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion