★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Field Fighter (SHMUP) 0.99->free

03-14-2013, 10:14 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Field Fighter (SHMUP) 0.99->free

Let me preface this by stating that I haven't tried this game yet, but it looks like it has enough potential to warrant a post.


C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,146
That was what, just over 48 hours?

03-14-2013, 10:25 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: AL
Posts: 4,361
Infinity mode is an IAP unlock. I haven't tried the game yet but just wanted to put that out there incase this is on the freemium side. I'll give it a play before deleting it.
03-14-2013, 11:58 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Infinity mode is an IAP unlock. I haven't tried the game yet but just wanted to put that out there incase this is on the freemium side. I'll give it a play before deleting it.
Depends how essential a mode is to gameplay. Don't some of the Cabe SHUMPS have modes unlockable by iap? Or maybe I'm thinking of the "Smartphone" vs. "Arcade" vs. "Black Label" versions.
03-15-2013, 12:07 AM
#5
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 456
The game is like a vertical geometry wars. Vector graphics. Nice power ups, gravity well type effect and a great trance soundtrack. It's pretty hard too.
03-15-2013, 12:13 AM
#6
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,654
Looks good enough for me to grab. And I like the vertical Geometry Wars notion. Thanks!
03-15-2013, 12:23 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 799
Reminds me of critical mass I think it was... Which is a great shooter/dual stick
03-15-2013, 01:23 AM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Looks good enough for me to grab. And I like the vertical Geometry Wars notion. Thanks!
It's alright...
03-15-2013, 03:14 AM
#9
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: a[V-O-I-D]
Posts: 14,101
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Depends how essential a mode is to gameplay. Don't some of the Cabe SHUMPS have modes unlockable by iap? Or maybe I'm thinking of the "Smartphone" vs. "Arcade" vs. "Black Label" versions.
No, they don't
03-15-2013, 05:21 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Didnt somebody on the main thread say this didnt have relative touch?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword