★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Toca Tea Party + Toca Birthday Party 66% off > $0.99

03-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Toca Tea Party + Toca Birthday Party 66% off > $0.99

My girls love Toca Boca games! There favs are these 2 games along with Hair Salon 1 & 2.

Toca Tea Party https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toca-tea-party/id424174500?mt=8

Last edited by mrbiggles; 03-15-2013 at 12:14 AM.
03-15-2013, 10:31 AM
These are both pretty good, but are almost identical to each other.

Played with them both last night with our 4yo daughter - Tea Party got played with the most as it's got a bit more to do.

Both games follow the formula:

1) Set the table / pick birthday party theme
2) Choose plates for 3 people
3) Choose drinks
4) Choose food / present
5) Eat / blow out candles & open present
6) Refill drinks & food until finished
7) Put everything in the wash

The main difference is that the tea party has a variety of snacks, a radio with 2 songs and you can accidentally knock over your drink (needing to wipe it up with tissue) which was our daughter's favorite part!

With the birthday party you choose a present to open, blow out the candles on the cake, and share pieces of cake. One interesting thing to note is that if you don't open the present before the food is gone, the game moves ahead to putting everything in the wash w/out knowing what you got!

Both games use multitouch, so while the screenshots depict a child serving tea to dolls, it works great with a few people playing at the same time.

If you have young kids, I'd highly recommend wishlisting all the Toca Boca apps on appshopper - they're all good so far. My favorite is Toca Band, our daughter's favorite is Toca Tailor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Toca Birthday Party looks too close to Toca Tea Party which I got for my toddler.

Tea Party is great for that age, but having two such identical games seems a bit wasteful and boring...