★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SpeedR - Zoom Through Traffic

07-08-2009, 09:54 PM
SpeedR - Zoom Through Traffic

Another awesome game by Roy El-Rayes (aka dangerz) was just released today. The object of the game is to go as far as you can zipping in and out of traffic dodging incoming cars and large semi-trucks that seem to merge without using their turn signals. As you progress in the game you unlock more car models with different stats. Another nifty feature is that the interface changes with the different car models.

If it is possible, I would absolutely love to see another mode in the future where all you do is crash into cars on purpose to rack up high damage values.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321324757&mt=8

-----
Tired of rush hour traffic? Wish you had a sports car to fly between cars? With SpeedR, you will.

This fast paced traffic speeder game will put you into 6 different cars and see how well you do flying through traffic. It won't be easy though. You'll have to deal with police, semis and construction. If the police catch you or you damage your car too much, it's game over!

With a local high score, you'll be able to track how well you're doing personally. With the Global Leaderboard you will put yourself up against the world.

Think you have what it takes to handle these cars? Let's find out.

Features:
- Global Leaderboard, local High Score
- Fast Paced soundtrack to help keep you moving.
- 6 Different vehicles, unlocked as you level up, each with their own unique characteristics.
- Addicting pick up and go gameplay.
- Use the accelerometer to control your vehicle. If the controls are too sensitive, simply pick a less aggressive car.
-----

Last edited by Seishu; 07-08-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Added pictures
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
If it is possible, I would absolutely love to see another mode in the future where all you do is crash into cars on purpose to rack up high damage values.
I like that idea add a mode where there are objectives to complete.

07-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
I like that idea add a mode where there are objectives to complete.
I'm working on a reverse SpeedR mode, where you're the cop and need to catch Speeders. I'll see what I can do about the objectives

Thanks for posting this!
07-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
I'm working on a reverse SpeedR mode, where you're the cop and need to catch Speeders. I'll see what I can do about the objectives

Thanks for posting this!
cool! sounds like a fun update
07-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Quote:

Thanks for posting this!
What about a CrashR mode where you go on a huge road rage? It wouldn't need objectives, just have it be timed and compete for high scores. Plus playing a huge semi would be a lot more fun.

07-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
What about a CrashR mode where you go on a huge road rage? It wouldn't need objectives, just have it be timed and compete for high scores. Plus playing a huge semi would be a lot more fun.
Haha I'll see what I can do.
07-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Haha I'll see what I can do.
Thanks

07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Are you guys seeing the issue with the iPhone dimming while you play? I'm not sure if my phone is broken or if it's for everyone.
07-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Are you guys seeing the issue with the iPhone dimming while you play? I'm not sure if my phone is broken or if it's for everyone.
try turning off your phone's auto-lock...but that hopefully something the dev's will implement
07-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
try turning off your phone's auto-lock...but that hopefully something the dev's will implement
Heh, I am the dev. I actually have it coded so it disables the auto-idle while you're playing and re-enables it when you're on the main menu. I'm not sure why it didn't work for the Apple build.

Maybe something got corrupted in the build.. I really dont know.