Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-20-2013, 06:31 AM

Default Chopper Mike (by VAMflax)[Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 28.3 MB.

Price in NZ is $2.59 which should translate to USD $1.99

Requirements:

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
Chopper Mike is a charming, fast-paced, arcade helicopter time trial game featuring super smooth graphics and amazing controls.

Fly through 3 difficulty modes and 48 levels, picking up gems, avoiding collisions, and landing as quickly as you can! Skillful play will be rewarded with mysterious bonus aircraft!

Complete the levels, beat the target times, then replay to beat your best times!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-20-2013 at 12:25 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Looking forward to this

Just nervous about the 'amazing controls'. Just wish they would give more information (or show any buttons/joypads on the screen in the video).

Need to wait to hear what the controls are like before getting this later, graphics look great though
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Looking forward to this

Just nervous about the 'amazing controls'. Just wish they would give more information (or show any buttons/joypads on the screen in the video).

Need to wait to hear what the controls are like before getting this later, graphics look great though
Yeah, this looks kinda cool. If the controls are up to the job (or indeed, amazing!), I'll grab Chopper Mike tonight.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Yo! This is my game!!

Here's a video that shows the 'amazing controls':

The whole aim of the project was to make a touchscreen arcade game that controlled as well as a traditional controller game. I think I did it, but the players will be the ultimate judge!

This dude liked it: "Very impressed by the on-screen buttons in @jamielowesdev's Chopper Mike for iOS. I normally HATE these control methods."

Hope you do too!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 AM

Looks like the best of a so-so bunch this week.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneyCork View Post
Looks like the best of a so-so bunch this week.
There's the Star Wars Pinball standalone

From the video, this looks decent. Looks like sreally good physics, and with a dynamic vstick.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:50 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Reminds me of the FLUDD-less Mario Sunshine levels in a really good way. Like everybody else, my only concern is the controls. I'll probably pick it up for my night shift this weekend.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Guys, Chopper Mike has spot on controls, the chopper moves in the desired direction and hoovers nicely and steady. Its actually quite good to control. The is a d-pad to move around quite responsive, and a button to hover your chopper. No alternative options or tilt.

As for the gameplay, its sleek, you hace to pilot your helicopter through obstacles, moving platforms, triggering things, and tunnels. Each time you touch the ground or any other surface you loose 1 second. And you have to catch all the spheres in the way, all of them to open the helipad.

Levels are time based and you gain medals for your time (standart gold, silver and bronce). There are easy, normal and hard levels, 16 in esch obe of them. The games music is in my head already.

No sign of IAP, a lot of character to upgrade, GameCenter... Best game of the week
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

VAM, any plans to add an endless mode?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

The controls are very good. No tutorial needed (although there is one) - just got stuck in and everything felt natural. On ipad 3 it's very smooth and crisp. I can't tell if it's retina enabled or not, but if I can't tell I guess it doesn't matter.

I've three starred the 16 'easy' levels, but the difficulty increases quite a bit by the time you start 'normal' levels, especially for the third star.

Great work VAMflax