★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Grudger is FREE! (1.99 > FREE)

03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Grudger is FREE! (1.99 > FREE)

This quality runner/puzzler from Noble Muffins is free for the first time since release in February 2013.
03-20-2013, 01:53 PM
I did see this coming after i tested the game out the first time. Sigh. Too bad almost all games are like this now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Really cool game, defiantly pick it up!
03-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
Really cool game, defiantly pick it up!
I like it too, especially on hdmi tv. Went free pretty fast, but I think the game is cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	55564  
03-20-2013, 02:43 PM
148 Apps only gave it 2.5 stars.
03-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
148 Apps only gave it 2.5 stars.
Some players were complaining that the game controlled hard in the higher levels and was frustrating. Haven't gotten that far myself, but solid gameplay for me so far.
03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
I noticed the game thread get some attention early on... but wasn't convinced I'd want this. For free though, guess I can give it a try and judge it close up.
03-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I noticed the game thread get some attention early on... but wasn't convinced I'd want this. For free though, guess I can give it a try and judge it close up.
It seemed like this game took a lot of heat from going from $2.99 to 99 cents after three days after launch. It had pretty good comments until the early adopters got screwed, then the feedback seemed much more negative.

And now that it is free in less than a month, probably won't help, but I think it is a cool game, not the best, but pretty good, let us know what you think since the early adopter blues hasn't affected you since you got it for free.
03-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
It seemed like this game took a lot of heat from going from $2.99 to 99 cents after three days after launch. It had pretty good comments until the early adopters got screwed, then the feedback seemed much more negative.

And now that it is free in less than a month, probably won't help, but I think it is a cool game, not the best, but pretty good, let us know what you think since the early adopter blues hasn't affected you since you got it for free.
I just wasn't that interested in the actual game... I don't think I even read the thread, just noticed it get some posts.

Makes sense early adopters would revolt from getting burned... but it happens so often it almost is better to just wait out a new release and see what bugs it has and what the early adopters think than to jump in the fire and get burned. It's not like there's a shortage on games.
03-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I just wasn't that interested in the actual game... I don't think I even read the thread, just noticed it get some posts.

Makes sense early adopters would revolt from getting burned... but it happens so often it almost is better to just wait out a new release and see what bugs it has and what the early adopters think than to jump in the fire and get burned. It's not like there's a shortage on games.
Yeah, I agree with you, used to be waiting for over a month was good cause many games went free or on sale close to the month mark.

Nowadays in the last month, seems like the trend is for developers to release games at $2.99 and go to 99 cents after three days.

So it's probably wise to wait til the 4th day, I suppose.

But I kinda buy things at random nowadays, just buy it if I really want it or to support the developer. But lately, been busy playing with my icade core, so just buying icade core joystick games, cause they are so much fun, and don't get early adopter blues, so they make you happy.

I bought grudgers for a buck on the 4th day, don't mind it going free, but I do see your point, that it is a good policty to wait til after a month for new releases cause it does seem like the trend nowdays for sure. Especially for Chilling games.