★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

CHTHONIC - Rythm Crusher -> free

03-20-2013, 04:16 PM
CHTHONIC - Rythm Crusher -> free

I think MetalCasket has this...if not, someone should alert him

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
03-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Strange. Guess I need to try it since it's a rhythm game. I'll post something later with how it is... I have a feeling I'm not going to care for it. Plenty of IAP for additional songs at $1 to $2 each song... so... I'll see how it stands up with the content provided.

03-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Strange. Guess I need to try it since it's a rhythm game. I'll post something later with how it is... I have a feeling I'm not going to care for it. Plenty of IAP for additional songs at $1 to $2 each song... so... I'll see how it stands up with the content provided.
Well, 12 songs isn't that off the mark, even for paid rhythm games except the really good ones.
03-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Tried it out. Gameplay is pretty much ripped from Cytus. It has the same scanline deal, same basic circles. Some get held, most are tapped, the rest are follow the dots in a line. The main difference is that the color of the dot dictates if its to be hit on the up scan or down scan. Music is all death metal. Overall not a bad game, but the music selection locks this just to fans of that stuff. The color mechanic on the dots is kind of confusing, but I managed an A on the first song which unlocked the hard mode version. The first song was a little too long, but I guess that's better than super short.

Last edited by nightc1; 03-20-2013 at 08:52 PM.
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Tried it out. Gameplay is pretty much ripped from Cytus. It has the same scanline deal, same basic circles. Some get held, most are tapped, the rest are follow the dots in a line. The main difference is that the color of the dot dictates if its to be hit on the up scan or down scan. Music is all death metal. Overall not a bad game, but the music selection locks this just to fans of that stuff. The color mechanic on the dots is kind of confusing, but I managed an A on the first song which unlocked the hard mode version. The first song was a little too long, but I guess that's better than super short.
Like I said, a game for Metal Casket
03-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Haha, I love you Greyskull.

Yeah, I got it on launch. Like the game quite a bit, but there's a TON of IAP and you pretty much need to play for the duration of half a lifetime if you don't want to buy them. Overall, definitely worth checking it out for free if you're a fan of that kind of music.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Lockedz, thanks Greyskull.
03-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post

Yeah, I got it on launch. Like the game quite a bit, but there's a TON of IAP and you pretty much need to play for the duration of half a lifetime if you don't want to buy them. Overall, definitely worth checking it out for free if you're a fan of that kind of music.
So all of the music is unlockable by playing the game? Interesting.
03-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post

When I was a young lad I was big into Death/Black Metal; still enjoy me some grindcore. There are still some bands I love listening too, less slow and heavy, more ultrafast and thrashy. I will always love Carcass (first death metal/gindcore album I bought, back in '93 or '94)...the drummer sounds like he has a quadruple double bass-drum setup. Also enjoy some quirky band like Brutal Truth...Death/Grind meets danceable techno
03-21-2013, 09:26 AM
We need a Prog Rock version of this game...

Just sayin'.

DBC

I could never give up.