★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Audiobus $9.99 --> $4.99, 50% off due to Garageband adding Audiobus support!

03-20-2013, 05:56 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Audiobus $9.99 --> $4.99, 50% off due to Garageband adding Audiobus support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-20-2013, 06:15 PM
Right on, thanks for the heads-up.

03-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Total fail by Apple. They put GarageBand on the wrong end of Audiobus. Really cheap move. And lazy implementation in general. This was just some fake "show some support to indies" PR bull by Apple. :/

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
03-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Total fail by Apple. They put GarageBand on the wrong end of Audiobus. Really cheap move. And lazy implementation in general. This was just some fake "show some support to indies" PR bull by Apple. :/
Are you saying you'd just rather it had been an input or an input/output?

Cause if it would have just been an input I'd have considered that to be on the wrong end.

C'est la vie.
03-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoclespectacle View Post
Are you saying you'd just rather it had been an input or an input/output?

Cause if it would have just been an input I'd have considered that to be on the wrong end.

C'est la vie.
Well both input and output would probably be ideal. Most people don't wanna record into GB since it completely lacks any kind of mixing/mastering ability. But rather have it as input and a more capable daw like Auria, Meteor, Cubasis, Multitrack DAW, Beatmaker 2, well pretty much any other daw-ish app as output since GarageBand just completely sucks in that department.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Well both input and output would probably be ideal. Most people don't wanna record into GB since it completely lacks any kind of mixing/mastering ability. But rather have it as input and a more capable daw like Auria, Meteor, Cubasis, Multitrack DAW, Beatmaker 2, well pretty much any other daw-ish app as output since GarageBand just completely sucks in that department.
It would still be nice to have the option. Nanostudio doesn't yet support AB, right? Well, just bought it, now can really start using apps together. God I'm going crazy with music apps...bought Grainbender yesterday, possible by mistake (I think I might have wanted GrainSCIENCE). Just bought iMS-20...

You all should check out JACK. It certainly needs polishing (and inplementation in apps), but it's an open source midi/audio router...Thumbjam will support it in the next update. And it's free!
03-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Right on man, I mean I'm definitely in the boat that input/output would have been tits, but I would have been hosed if it was only input.

@ Greyskull: Sent off an e-mail to the NanoStudio dev asking him to look into Audiobus. I'm sure I'm not the only one but it can't hurt =D
03-20-2013, 10:42 PM
And I see they've released the SDK so there should be many more apps supported in the near future, which will be awesome.

I'm a newbie to all this - can any of you recommended a good app or two that I can use with audiobus to create a backing reggae track with drum, bass and guitar/organ/synth?
03-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but when I bought Grainbender synth, was I thinking of Grainscience? Which one is the...well, the one talked (or used) by musicians who are into granular synthesis?

I'll buy PPG Wavemapper soon enough...Have to free up storage space since just this week I installed MS-20, iMini, Addictive Synth, Grainbender, and more...it's a damn addiction! Good thing I play bass and not electric guitar or I probably would have gotten Jamup (or something like that) XL while it was on sale...might still be.

I'm not going to have any money left over for games Especially since I have individual folders of music apps which each have a total cost higher than my iPad Mini...even though I'm too busy futzing around in Abelton to use 'em.
03-20-2013, 11:47 PM
If you have even the slightest interest in music making apps the you need to buy this ASAP.

Greyskull, Grain Science is the more completely granular synth. It can do amazing things. Also, Nanostudio will never support AB. The dev has said as much, it's a closed environment.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—

Last edited by sapphire_neo; 03-20-2013 at 11:53 PM.