★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Phil Hellmuth Poker

07-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Phil Hellmuth Poker

Price $0.99/59p

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320140108&mt=8

* LOW INTRODUCTION PRICE - FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY *

* Play Phil Hellmuth Poker to compete against the most successful tournament player of all time *

From the hands of poker brat Phil Hellmuth record holding 11 time WSOP winner - comes the most realistic poker game for your iPhone/iPod.

Practice against poker bots in 4 difficulty brackets - then put your skills to the test in poker games against the best of the best - 11 time WSOP winner Phil Hellmuth! With superior artificial intelligence, top-notch production values, intuitive controls, and the Poker Brat himself - any other mobile poker is just a game!

KEY FEATURES
- Superior Artificial Intelligence
- Variable Game Settings: very easy, easy, medium, and hard levels of competition appeals to all players
- Adjustable opponent numbers, blind levels, and player bank amounts
- Intuitive controls
- Scrolling camera, clear top-down perspective, and natural table flow keep the game easy to follow for amateurs and pros alike
- Superb animated graphics, comical characters and clever dialog make this game stand out in a crowded genre

AWARDS
Twistbox games have won several mobile industry awards, including:
* BEST ENTERTAINMENT SERVICE (Mobile Content Awards 2008)
* TOP INNOVATION in the MOBILE GAMES/ENTERTAINMENT CATEGORY (Mobile World Congress 2008)
* BEST MOBILE GAME finalist (MEFFY Award 2009 by the Mobile Entertainment Forum)

See http://www.twistboxgames.com for more information
07-09-2009, 04:11 AM
Send a message via ICQ to NiclasW
Anyone TOFT?
Is there no landscape mode?

07-09-2009, 04:29 AM
not terribly exciting...plays fast enough, but cards are tiny and betting isn't easy either...you pay for the name...dunno about the AI...for a buck? maybe if you don't have any hold'em already...can they charge more? i doubt it...
07-09-2009, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qUAntUm k View Post
not terribly exciting...plays fast enough, but cards are tiny and betting isn't easy either...you pay for the name...dunno about the AI...for a buck? maybe if you don't have any hold'em already...can they charge more? i doubt it...
Damn right you pay for the name. This is Phil Helhmuth we are talking about. The poker brat. The champion of champions holding 11 world series bracelets, plus a native of California .

Game Center: Hot-Wire Gamespy: The_Tower_Defender
Currently Playing: Galaxy on Fire II HD, Gun Bros 2, Minigore 2, RAD Soldier, Block Fortress, Real Racing 3
07-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Pass.

(Heh. Poker humor.)
07-09-2009, 07:38 AM
I assume to be a poker great you'd have to be able to do some basic math. So what's with the moto jersey? Is figuring some percentages in your head super bad-ass?

I think he's potentially giving away a lot of info with those glasses. Wouldn't a full face helmet be able to cover even more tells?

07-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Review of Phil Hellmuth Poker

Disclaimer: I am the author of THETA Poker, the easiest-to-use and strongest Texas Hold 'Em game for the iPhone and iPod touch. I hope you find my review to be objective nevertheless.

Synopsis: A good-looking, enjoyable app that's unfortunately not very good at poker.

Pros:
* Good graphics, good sounds, and okay music.
* Several options and features to tinker with, including biographies of all of the players.
* Solid effort for a 1.0 release.
* Inexpensive (at the introductory $0.99 price).

Cons:
* Slider for selecting a bet amount is absolutely horrible. Sometimes I had to tap and drag five or more times to get the amount I wanted. Ironically, this was the one iPhone-specific UI element that was added to this port of the game.
* Fair strength 6-handed, but tight, tighter, and way-too-tight by the time you get down to heads-up (it's actually pretty boring to steal the blinds repeatedly). Even the real Phil Hellmuth doesn't play as few hands as his doppelganger here. Also, players have no concept of short-stack play (Phil keeps waiting for great hole cards as his stack dwindles away to nothing).
* Limited to a 2- to 6-player, single-table "Practice Game". If there's more, I don't see it, even after defeating the highest level.
* Limited to 3 sets of 5 opponents (who sit at the same seats every time), and 5 difficulty levels: Very Easy and Easy (same players), Medium, Hard and Very Hard (same players). The App Store description says 4 difficulty levels, so they must have added one at the last minute. Also, when playing fewer than 5 opponents, the players are always added clockwise, so you can never start a heads-up match against the Poker Brat (he's the 3rd opponent, and you'll be going against the player on your immediate left).
* Elliptical panning around the table is slow, annoying, and even dizzying (yet still better than Imagine Poker's horizontal panning).
* Music and sound are controlled by a single option. I would have liked the sounds without the music, but at least the music is only at the beginning and end of the game.
* Game Settings revert to their defaults before every game (Options are saved correctly).
07-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Who would even want to buy Phil Hellmuth poker? Poor marketing decision imo

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I'd buy Phil Ivey Poker
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Who would even want to buy Phil Hellmuth poker? Poor marketing decision imo
You amateur! Are you just trying to lose your money? MotherF'n worst poster ever. I have never seen such a worst post in my life. You don't deserve to be posting. Such an amateur.

(I hope you realize where I'm going with this )