Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-21-2013, 03:04 PM

Default Strategy & Tactics: World War II. A new grand strategy for iOS devices!

Take the armies of the USSR, Axis or Allies from the start of WWII to the end, in this strategy classic. With 18 solo missions, hot seat mode and WiFi multiplayer mode, including between various different smartphones and tablets realistic art, plus historically-accurate units, Strategy&Tacktics: World War II brings out the armchair general in you.

Official Game Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Game Features:

- 3 full campaigns with 18 historical missions
- Play multiplayer across different smartphones and tablets
- Realistic global strategy with historically-accurate maps
- A wide array of game modes
- Juggle military, economic and scientific development
- Several hardcore scenarios and a endlessly replayable skirmish mode.

Screenshots:

In Strategy & Tactics: World War II, you battle impressive AI enemies in three campaigns with a classic turn-based battle system and serried ranks of historically-accurate troops. Fight your way through eighteen missions with an exсiting storyline and charismatic characters across Europe, Asia and Africa, research new technologies to improve your troops and build industry, and lead your armies to victory.

If you manage to finish all that,there are also skirmish games, several classic scenarios, plus hot seat and WiFi multiplayer modes to play, including between various different smartphones and tablets. All this displayed, in a highly detailed, powerful but simple to understand interface.

Last edited by Echoseven; 03-25-2013 at 04:31 AM..
Old 03-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

How does this have zero replies? Game looks good, and is free to try. Prolly needs a chip tune soundtrack, old Skool 8 bit graphics and zero gameplay and a big ol carrot on the end of a stick to get noticed around here. So much for this platform ever maturing, waiting on the next endless runner to be the talk for the week.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
How does this have zero replies? Game looks good, and is free to try. Prolly needs a chip tune soundtrack, old Skool 8 bit graphics and zero gameplay and a big ol carrot on the end of a stick to get noticed around here. So much for this platform ever maturing, waiting on the next endless runner to be the talk for the week.
Its unusual there's no other replies, looks the part and dev is pretty solid. I'll take a look soon, can't imagine it not being worth the full unlock IAP.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Just downloaded but not played yet, however seems pretty good.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 PM
iPhone 4

Completely agree 9squad.
I only just noticed it this morning so I'll be grabbing it later for a try.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Its amazing!!! Reminds me of Axis and Allies! I've been looking for a game that compares to A&A for a long time!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:35 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
So...download it and report back if it's any good, instead of trolling.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Hearts of Iron...

This is the game that -might- have been Hearts of Iron touch but the deal with Paradox fell through and Herocraft pushed on by themselves. I love the scale, subject and treatment, but the interface is from hell.

I haven't spent enough time yet to tell you if the AI can play a decent game but I can tell you that the usability is poor. I can't imagine how anyone could required 5 or 6 taps to move a stack of units from one province to the next when touch-drag SHOULD do it. It's as if they designed the UI for web/PC/MAC/Linux/Android/iOS and whatever all in one and then didn't test it outside the dev team to have someone ask "what is this rubbish?".

Could be a real gem. But it will take some grinding and tapping to decide how shiney it really is.

Really it just made me want to go back and take advantage of the STEAM sale on every Hearts of Iron III DLC goingon right now to get back into the real thing.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 AM

My main issue is quality of the sound and some non retina elements, gameplay-wise though it all seems pretty solid.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:29 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
For me, it's because I've installed but havn't lainched it yet...backlog and all that.