★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Plasma Sky $1.99---> $.99

03-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Plasma Sky $1.99---> $.99

Busy on my phone about to get back into Indiana Stone but saw this. Great game. Ashame to see a sale so quick but can't be upset as it is worth well more than the original two bucks.

If someone can do me the honors of posting a link.
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM

03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Ha! I bought this a couple hours ago so I missed the sale by a bit. Sure buy at this or the original price, very fun shmup.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
03-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah good fun this one, bought it on release day, "no iap" sold it for me.
03-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Really fun game. Worth the full price.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
03-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah, no doubt worth the original 2 bucks, and Volbard has been super responsive on here, so he'll get no heat from me for the quick price drop... However, I'm telling you, I am getting irritated by this trend more and more. You are being forced to walk the line between waiting for the sale and trying to do the right thing and not wait for the sale. What is the point at buying a game at full price?
03-22-2013, 04:21 AM
I'd forgotten about this one, and I'm happy to get it now.
03-22-2013, 06:41 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Yeah, no doubt worth the original 2 bucks, and Volbard has been super responsive on here, so he'll get no heat from me for the quick price drop... However, I'm telling you, I am getting irritated by this trend more and more. You are being forced to walk the line between waiting for the sale and trying to do the right thing and not wait for the sale. What is the point at buying a game at full price?
Yeah - I think a lot of us who have been early supporters for the last couple years or so are at that point...
03-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I usually throw new stuff into Appshopper wish list and sit on it for a week or two just to see if I really want it, or if its just the latest, shinest flavor of the day. Most of the time I'd lose interest then just remove the games. Surprisingly I don't have many games on my wish list now a days.

But I know how you feel too. It's not about the actual money for me..just how quickly the prices drop. I get the most irritated when the app description mentions its a special limited time sale, then a few days later drops to free.

These comments aren't directed at Plasma Sky. Just what I've experienced ever since owning an idevice.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?

Last edited by tops2; 03-22-2013 at 10:01 AM.
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Hey guys, here's an explanation of the early sale. I can't speak for other devs, but their thought process is probably similar.

I'd rather not have a sale so soon, it does feel like kind of a jerk move towards early supporters, but it's one of the few levers I have to keep the game from falling into obscurity. Launching a game on iTunes can feel like tossing a stone into a river. Maybe it was a really pretty rock, but once it dips below the surface, it's gone man.

People who play the game seem to really like it, but a pretty small number of folks have checked it out. Apple just listed Plasma Sky in the game's New and Noteworthy section, so having a weekend sale at the same time seems like my best shot at rising in rank and getting more people to see its little orange icon in the store.

I've launched games on Steam, and the slower pace there is great, but they don't get over 800 new apps a day like iTunes does. If my next game on iTunes has a higher profile for some reason, I'll be able to slow down and put off the sale, but for this one I think it's what I need to do to float my rock a little further down-steam. (Isn't this a great analogy?)

So, what are we to do as players and consumers, knowing that games are likely to drop in price soon after launch? Personally, it depends on how reasonable the launch price is, how I feel about the company, and obviously how eager I am to play. If it's a developer and game I want to support, I don't mind giving them an extra buck, because it's going toward the creation of more games I like. In the case of Plasma Sky, whatever extra money I get is likely to get rolled into buying more licenses, music, and possibly art for the next game and updates to this one.

Anyway, long explanation! I hope everyone who get's Plasma Sky feels like they get their money's worth! I've got some more updates on the way, and I really appreciate your support!