★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Totomi - new puzzle for $9.99

12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Totomi - new puzzle for $9.99

Totomi is a new totem-building puzzle action game.

What makes me wonder is not only the game itself but mainly the price: $9.99.

Not that a publisher should not charge what he thinks it's fair but it's just unusual in AppStore such price tag for a puzzle game.

Anyone?

Just in time. There's a flash version in the official site: http://www.totomi.com/

Last edited by WildCowboy; 02-23-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: fixed typo
12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
No one rich enough here to spend on a puzzle?!

It has an interesting concept: tiles (animals and food... whatever) can be combined to create different chains and so on... Well it sounds interesting at least for me but I'm a casual puzzle lover.

If I decide to buy it I'll post here a comment so you can decide to at least "snip" this game for the price drop.

12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Seems like it could be fun, but I don't have $10 to spend right now. Not saying the dev should lower the price, it looks like it could be worth it, but it's not just in my range right now =(
12-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Well... I did not resist.

I decided not to eat at McDonalds and have just a salad at home (hum... It seems a win/win situation here ).

The gameplay (of course) is the exact of the flash demo (see initial post). So you can have an exact idea of the game before purchasing it.

Its production is comparable to Critter Crunch.

Everything is really well done. Graphics, sounds, music, animations, bonus system, tutorial and the gameplay itself that is a lot better with the iPhone interface.

There are two basic modes. (1) Classic, that has 3 sub-modes; and, (2) Arcade. you can check some details in the game site.

In the iPhone version there are several animals and they interact with each other in a different way (always indicated by icons in the game so you don't have to memorize such details). But there are some foods too and they also interact with each animal in a particular way.

So there a lot of things going on and you have to handle them in order to achieve the game mode goal.

It's an intense game, in a good way.

When I had my Palm I purchased some simple games for $14 or even $19. This kind of game, with such great production, worth the $9.99 for sure IMO.

It's better save 10 of the $0.99 and get something like this.
12-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Interesting... after buying BIA, i've realised that unless I really want the game, It's better to just buy 10 $.99 games (or any combination of inexpensive games) then to buy one big-ticket item... so yes, i regret buying BIA.. too bad I can't just give it away to charity at this point.. kinda like Salvation Army... oh well :/

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
Interesting... after buying BIA, i've realised that unless I really want the game, It's better to just buy 10 $.99 games (or any combination of inexpensive games) then to buy one big-ticket item... so yes, i regret buying BIA.. too bad I can't just give it away to charity at this point.. kinda like Salvation Army... oh well :/
I didn't like it too...

At least this game you can test first (flash demo).
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I didn't like it too...

At least this game you can test first (flash demo).
I'm glad we can identify! I'm definitely going to give that flash version a try!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
12-07-2008, 07:42 PM
after playing the flash version I have to say that I am not impressed, I don't really think its worth 10 buck imp.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
after playing the flash version I have to say that I am not impressed, I don't really think its worth 10 buck imp.
NP.

The iPhone game experience is better and the game grows after playing it more than once.

One flaw I miss to write about: the game does not play in any orientation you want. For such price tag it should provide both landscape orientations and not only the volume buttons down (the worst IMO).

PS: I like your signature... Days since last purchase?! That's very creative!
02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Here's one of the first Tatomi review (I think). It got 8 (Silver) at PocketGamer.

Right now it is $4.99.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8