★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Turbofly HD ->Free

03-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Turbofly HD ->Free

Couldn't bring up the appinfo, sorry folks.
03-26-2013, 10:00 AM

It's free here in Austrian App Store. Downloading…

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 03-26-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added video

03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Am I wrong, or did this release little more than a couple of days ago?
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
^ Released five days ago.

Very recommended! wipEout clone. Promising. The first three races are easy (could even unlock the second ship on the first try) on "normal" but difficulty ramps up on the dark space track (#4). Very good tilt controls (but you can change to touch controls) and physics. High speed feeling. Stable and smooth on iPad 4.

03-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Is this iOS 6 only?

DBC

I could never give up.
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Tracks and ships are boring and few, graphics feel plain, and gameplay is nothing special. It feels like a below avg wipeout game. It's ok, it's free, it was worth a try
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
^ You did see that it's version 1.0, didn't you? For such an early version I find it very promising and recommended.

They got it spot-on: Controls, speed feeling, some weapons and tactics, nice track layout, no IAPs. A very good base for future updates. Better than average for me personally. Will try multiplayer soon…

03-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
^ You did see that it's version 1.0, didn't you? For such an early version I find it very promising and recommended.

They got it spot-on: Controls, speed feeling, some weapons and tactics, nice track layout, no IAPs. A very good base for future updates. Better than average for me personally. Will try multiplayer soon…
I agree that there's a good foundation here - sense of speed, etc. Still think Repulze is the best futuristic racing game on the iOS bar none and when it adds actual opponents and combat (possibly this week), it'll set the bar even higher.
03-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I agree that there's a good foundation here - sense of speed, etc. Still think Repulze is the best futuristic racing game on the iOS bar none and when it adds actual opponents and combat (possibly this week), it'll set the bar even higher.
When/if doesn't really count. Currently this is far superior as a wipeout style racer simply because it has combat, actual racing with opponents, multiplayer, etc. Though I agree the graphics are plain, they are decent, and when you add it all up, this game here is actually the best Wipout style game on iOS, and it's an easy call because nobody else has even made a half decent one. This is basically it. If repulze, when repulze, etc at some future date actually adds all the missing feature to its snazzy graphics maybe it will surpass this, but that isn't now.
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
hasn't free yet here (Indonesia) .... better check it later
or this is valid on some countries only?

Game Center ID: copaeci