★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why I love Real Racing

07-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Why I love Real Racing

I own an iPhone 3G

I'm trying to resist buying a 3G[S], because there's really not THAT much new to justify spending so much money on it.

But the speed and promise of great games is pushing my patience hard.

Now, whenever the urge to upgrade gets too much, I just fire up Real Racing on my iPhone 3G and realize what an awesome phone I already have, since it can play games of this graphical quality with high framerate and perfect control

Sure, some games runs less perfect - but Real Racing proves that it's not the phone that's the problem - it's the developers of those games

I don't need a faster iPhone, because the one I got simply ROCKS with games like Real Racing!

That's why I love the game (and it's great fun too!)
07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Lol if you really want to stop that urge just don't play with one ever! That happened to me but I had an iPhone 2G and I needed some 3G and speed so I upgraded. Never ever play with the iPhone 3GS or else it's too late trust me I was a victim....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer

07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
The 3gs is nice, but I'm waiting for a multicore processor. Enjoy the 3g, next year will bring a bad-a iPhone.
07-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
The 3gs is nice, but I'm waiting for a multicore processor. Enjoy the 3g, next year will bring a bad-a iPhone.
yea but I'll be upgrading again so and also I don't think multi-core would be introduce that quick because it's going to just splinter the market just too much...

Quote:
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
07-09-2009, 03:50 PM
This thread makes me miss my beautiful real racing (ok now I AM def being a whiney bitch)

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Try recalibrating it le'deuche123

Quote:
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
07-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Fanboy detected!
07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
Fanboy detected!
Fanboy detected what?

Quote:
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
07-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
Lol if you really want to stop that urge just don't play with one ever! That happened to me but I had an iPhone 2G and I needed some 3G and speed so I upgraded. Never ever play with the iPhone 3GS or else it's too late trust me I was a victim....
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Problem is, my friend will probably get one when they are released here in Denmark at the end of this month, and I'm bound to check it out.

I REALLY, REALLY want to wait until next year, because I'm sure that will bring even better things we "can't live without" and as far as the 3GS goes, so far it's only the speed it has going for it as far as I'm concerned - but I guess it can be a big deal as well
07-10-2009, 02:49 AM
There's no point getting a 3GS if you already have an iPhone 3G.
The phone function does not improve, why bother paying the morons at Apple an extra $600 for a few improvements in game performance? It's utterly ridiculous.
If you want real gaming get a PS3 or something, I'm sure it beats iPhone games by a few lightyears.