★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rolando 1 or 2

07-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Rolando 1 or 2

i never got the original Rolando, because i just got my iPod Touch a few weeks ago. As i see more screenshots and reviews, i want it more. I went to go buy it, and i noticed that there is Rolando 2 now available, and is getting great reviews as well.

Should i get Rolando 1 before i buy Rolando 2? Or should i get Rolando 2 without ever playing Rolando 1?

I play Russian Roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life, yeah mama called life - System Of A Down
07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Isn't there a lite version of Rolando that youcan try?

07-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootbean View Post
Isn't there a lite version of Rolando that youcan try?
Yeah wait for 2 to go on sale

memory cards
07-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajg3 View Post
Yeah wait for 2 to go on sale
Yeah, I have Rolando 1 and have yet to finish it but enjoy the gameplay. I'll get 2 when it hits $5.99.

1) Tried out AT&T tethering and did not have enough money for the pole.
2) Apple still hasn't fixed the no-hardware-keyboard bug.
3) Still can't use the "Cut" function on the AT&T bill...current 4.x issues
07-10-2009, 12:50 AM
I will get 1 when it's 0.99
07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCurry View Post
I will get 1 when it's 0.99
You will probably never get it, then =]

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
07-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
So far, I like Rolando 2 better, but I suggest #1. Considering you haven't played it and the gameplay for both is ridiculously similar, and Rolando is cheaper, I'd go with #1

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
07-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamando View Post
So far, I like Rolando 2 better, but I suggest #1. Considering you haven't played it and the gameplay for both is ridiculously similar, and Rolando is cheaper, I'd go with #1
I agree with this. While Rolando 2 is considerably better in all aspects, 1 has even more content for less money. I would recommend both, though. You can't go wrong with Rolando games.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
07-10-2009, 01:40 PM
cool. I just got the Lite version, and its awesome!!
i will probably settle for Rolando 1 then.. For now.

I play Russian Roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life, yeah mama called life - System Of A Down
07-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamando View Post
Except, Rolando 2 expands on nearly every aspect of the original and adds lots of new stuff to the mix too. The level design is better I think, with many more elements throughout, such as water hazards, multiple bomb types, mine carts etc. There is a real reason to replay levels to get the medals and highscores with plus+ and the controls have been refined too. Plus the graphics are nicer (less of a rip on LocoRoco) and the characters much better too. Plus the story is quite cool. Overall, 2 is what a good sequel should be: an improvement over the original.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD