★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rage of the Gladiator Premium ->0.99

03-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Rage of the Gladiator Premium ->0.99

So, how does this stack up against the other non-IB slicer/brawlers? It was originally a Wii game, correct? I know that since this has been released we've seen that Chillingo game, Bladeslinger, Gladiator, etc... Worth getting? forget the price, I mean, is it fun?

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 03-28-2013 at 04:19 PM.
03-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Rage of the Gladiator is a lot of fun, it reminds me a lot of NES era Punch Out. It's a steal for $0.99. The only draw back is that you fight ~10 colorful villians on each difficult level so after one go round you recycle back through at a harder level. Great game.

03-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post

So, how does this stack up against the other non-IB slicer/brawlers? It was originally a Wii game, correct? I know that since this has been released we've seen that Chillingo game, Bladeslinger, Gladiator, etc... Worth getting? forget the price, I mean, is it fun?
It is one of the best of its genre. Highly recommended. If you dont have it yet, get it nao for a buck.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post

It's well presented, but gameplay is less fluid than some other games of its ilk, it's very much set moves to counter opponent moves. It's still a fun game and worthwhile grabbing, just don't expect it to be quite as dynamic as the other examples you mentioned.
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Really fun, but gets really hard in especially the hard mode. ;-)

As others mentioned, it plays a lot more like the NES Punch Out than Infinity Blade. If you're in the mood, there's a lot of humor in the villians. Highly recommended.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
03-28-2013, 04:44 PM
thinking will see a free day down the road... from Gameion
03-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Really fun, but gets really hard in especially the hard mode. ;-)

As others mentioned, it plays a lot more like the NES Punch Out than Infinity Blade. If you're in the mood, there's a lot of humor in the villians. Highly recommended.
Thanks for the info, I think I'll skip it...really, storage space (particularly on my PC) is at a premium; so I have to consider that along with the price.
03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
This one had a lot of charm and was fun to play. It is not a hard game by any means and easy to see the patterns, but it still felt great to play, and the humor of it is what kept me playing. Like the other poster said, it is well presented and controls well enough. It doesn't feel Infinity Blade tough, but the gameplay is serviceable enough in a very manageable rock/paper/scissor sort of combat. Not entirely complex but still satisfying enough and still a steal for the asking price!
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Lockedz! Thanks guys.