Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,418
Default Battle Dungeon: Risen - (by Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.)[Universal]





Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-29-2013 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 AM
undeadcow undeadcow is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,126
Default

I played a beta of Battle Dungeon: Risen and it's a lot of fun. You can customize your team however you see fit between various classes and equipment then decide what party composition to use (using fewer members offers more reward). There is a good amount of variety in class sub-categories. The level designs can be detailed; for example, in one level while trying to exit you get ambushed from the other side. Often I was left with the satisfaction of a grueling turn based standoff through several of the levels. Each of the levels is a standalone scenario so there's no cohesive plot but your carry over and develop your team across scenarios. After completing a level you get a 1-3 star rating; and really have to work to get above one star (which helps replayability). BD:R is easily worth the eventual $2.99 asking price especially for turn based strategy fans.

Last edited by undeadcow; 03-29-2013 at 12:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Pocketnova Pocketnova is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,089
Default

Amazing! Instabuy! I love HCS!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2013, 02:05 AM
iPadisGreat iPadisGreat is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I played a beta of Battle Dungeon: Risen and it's a lot of fun. You can customize your team however you see fit between various classes and equipment then decide what party composition to use (using fewer members offers more reward). There is a good amount of variety in class sub-categories. The level designs can be detailed; for example, in one level while trying to exit you get ambushed from the other side. Often I was left with the satisfaction of a grueling turn based standoff through several of the levels. Each of the levels is a standalone scenario so there's no cohesive plot but your carry over and develop your team across scenarios. After completing a level you get a 1-3 star rating; and really have to work to get above one star (which helps replayability). BD:R is easily worth the eventual $2.99 asking price especially for turn based strategy fans.
Are the 12 scenarios staffed with fixed or random enemies? Or is it the same game every time for grinding?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Pocketnova Pocketnova is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Are the 12 scenarios staffed with fixed or random enemies? Or is it the same game every time for grinding?
From what I can tell, they seem to to be fixed.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2013, 03:31 AM
iPadisGreat iPadisGreat is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
From what I can tell, they seem to to be fixed.
I had not played the original release before, so I am unfamiliar with that bug.

Does this new release have random enemies in each scenario or is it the same enemies that I would have to grind through to increase stats?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Pocketnova Pocketnova is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I had not played the original release before, so I am unfamiliar with that bug.

Does this new release have random enemies in each scenario or is it the same enemies that I would have to grind through to increase stats?
Sorry, I phrased my other post wrong, I meant that the enamys are in the same spot each time. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Beelsebob Beelsebob is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I had not played the original release before, so I am unfamiliar with that bug.

Does this new release have random enemies in each scenario or is it the same enemies that I would have to grind through to increase stats?
The enemies are pre-determined, not random. You should not need to do a lot of grinding though. You might need to play a couple of scenarios twice if you happen to do particularly well.

Also, don't think that means that the game is short there's hours of game play in there (I know from doing multiple play throughs of it, that it's 2 days of solid play even for someone who knows the game very well).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,317
Default

Is the game good?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Sanuku Sanuku is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,418
Default

I really like it so far and the only thing I'm missing so far would be a Story Plot and a 360 Camera. Besides that I`m sure going to play through it later this upcoming Weekend.

Sidenote:

HD Gameplay Trailer added.

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-29-2013 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent