★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The ULTIMATE Tower Defense Guide

07-09-2009, 11:54 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,418
Main Link

The ULTIMATE Tower Defense Guide

There are too many threads created for which TD is the best. So, I went to the trouble of making a big comparison table of the most popular TDs. Please help me update the information. I haven't played all of them. In fact, I've only played about 1/2 of them so some I don't know anything about and have been trying to get information either off this forum or from the app descriptions.

Update 1/12/09

Added Comets and Craters
Added Bloons TD

Update 18/9/09

Changed the presentation to a google doc
Updated existing information
Added links to the iTunes page
Added geoDefense Swarm
Added Zombie Attack!

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee

Last edited by Camzy; 12-07-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Updating Table
07-10-2009, 12:04 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
There are too many threads created for which TD is the best. So, I went to the trouble of making a big comparison table of the most popular TDs.
Ooo, very helpful for us TD junkies. Thanks!

07-10-2009, 12:09 AM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,230
yup, it will be very cool, once it's fully fleshed out, and all the information is added in

you've got Sentinel 2 in there, but you should include the original Sentinel also
07-10-2009, 12:11 AM
#4
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
yup, it will be very cool, once it's fully fleshed out, and all the information is added in

you've got Sentinel 2 in there, but you should include the original Sentinel also
I deliberately excluded it because it's so similar to Sentinel 2 and because 2 is effectively an improved version.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
07-10-2009, 12:16 AM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 1,085
Sentinel 2 has 7 towers with 3 upgrades each.

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.
07-10-2009, 12:17 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
I deliberately excluded it because it's so similar to Sentinel 2 and because 2 is effectively an improved version.
Yeah but a lot of people would rather play the first one to get a clear understanding of it and to get a feel of the series and storyline. Plus, it's only $.99. I Bought Sentinel after Sentinel 2 because I wanted to play the first one before the second.

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.
07-10-2009, 12:19 AM
#7
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVietx View Post
Sentinel 2 has 7 towers with 3 upgrades each.
Thanks I'm going to update it every week.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
07-10-2009, 12:21 AM
#8
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,230
Tower Madness does have a downloadable fixed path map.
07-10-2009, 12:28 AM
#9
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVietx View Post
Yeah but a lot of people would rather play the first one to get a clear understanding of it and to get a feel of the series and storyline. Plus, it's only $.99. I Bought Sentinel after Sentinel 2 because I wanted to play the first one before the second.
OK I'll include it.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
07-10-2009, 12:29 AM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 1,085
Also, The Creeps has 10 towers total is you count the Super Towers as well. And the towers have 2 upgrades each tower.

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.