★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Need a Website?

07-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Need a Website?

Do you need a website for your Team or Application? Well I can help. I am a new web designer for hire and I figured where better to find a job than a developer who needs a website done! For a small fee, I can design a website around your application, or for your own team.

All you do is tell me your Application and I do what I do! The price for this is Very Small, the most you will have to pay for an entire website is $50. But actual price will be discussed after we talk about what you want done. To see what I have done, look at my (small) portfolio at http://justice.tekkdrop.com . On there is a contact email so we can get in touch and I can help you out!
07-10-2009, 07:11 AM
I looked at your portfolio, but don't see an actual design or a link to a site I can look at that you've done. If your interested in offering this kind of service, can you please post something to look at?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services

07-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandog View Post
I looked at your portfolio, but don't see an actual design or a link to a site I can look at that you've done. If your interested in offering this kind of service, can you please post something to look at?
If you look under, there is a subtitle that says the website.
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDev View Post
If you look under, there is a subtitle that says the website.
Ya, but the site is not linked, atleast not in iPhone safari. I'll check it in FF3.5 when I get home, but if it's not linked, consider a way to link it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
07-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandog View Post
Ya, but the site is not linked, atleast not in iPhone safari. I'll check it in FF3.5 when I get home, but if it's not linked, consider a way to link it.
True, I will see what I can do with that. I can try to link it.
07-11-2009, 03:44 PM
David, few quick pointers, web designer to web designer.

For the site link, perhaps have a list of the sites you've done so far, that way the potential clients can see an interactive version of the site. If the site isn't online yet, perhaps host a mirror of it on your site, and link to that.

Not a big thing, but perhaps group the different sections of the portfolio page. From an aesthetic point of view, it looks much better than a list of things you've done.

And now a very small thing. Add something along the lines of:
Quote:
© 2009 David Justice
to the bottom of your page. It's standard protocol to add this to sites you make.

Zandog, Had a look at the code of the site, it uses a Javascript Lightbox function, perhaps Safari on the iDevice doesn't support that.
07-11-2009, 04:26 PM
And due to a useless net connection, it seems I managed to post twice.
07-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Lightbox, to my surprise, is iPhone friendly. Even more surprising; it is IE friendly. And, according to the caption, you can visit his sample page here: http://boom.tekkdrop.com/

The "red flags" are the missing images and a (seemingly, at least) randomly placed mobile optimized page that (seemingly, at least) does not pair up with a similar big brother. The look is not uniform throughout the site and navigation is just too clumsy.

David, keep trying.
07-11-2009, 05:44 PM
If the boom site is any indication I'm not quite sure if you're ready to offer your skills to the masses.

It looks a little horrid in low resolutions.
And it really requires a landscape view to look right.

D:
07-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
Lightbox, to my surprise, is iPhone friendly. Even more surprising; it is IE friendly. And, according to the caption, you can visit his sample page here: http://boom.tekkdrop.com/
Lightbox is iPhone friendly? Huh, never knew that. Thanks for the link, missed that one.