★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Christmas with Weezer? NEW GAME from TAPULOUS

12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Christmas with Weezer? NEW GAME from TAPULOUS

anybody try it yet just released 4.99 no screenshots yet are posted but the 4 reviews have all been 5 stars....heres the link http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299016660&mt=8

Top 5 games on my itouch...in no order
Real Soccer 09, Asphalt 4, Brothers in Arms:HoH, Crash Nitro Kart, Quick Draw
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I've played it a little. I didn't like it as much as the TapTapDance. The christmas music just wasn't energetic enough for me to get into it.

also no "boss levels".

arn

12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I don't think I'll be buying this unless it has online play. That's the problem with Tapulous. Their free games are so much better than their paid ones (except the new engine isn't out for TTR yet). The online play is the best part of TTR and it's free. The paid ones don't have it, yet they charge $5 for them.

I just think that's ridiculous.... Especially at how there are 10-15 tracks on the paid games and there's something like 75 on the free game.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I don't think I'll be buying this unless it has online play. That's the problem with Tapulous. Their free games are so much better than their paid ones (except the new engine isn't out for TTR yet). The online play is the best part of TTR and it's free. The paid ones don't have it, yet they charge $5 for them.

I just think that's ridiculous.... Especially at how there are 10-15 tracks on the paid games and there's something like 75 on the free game.
Yes, that's a big problem on the paid apps.
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
And one of the reasons why I wont get TTD until it supports downloaded songs and online.
Its also a shame that not a lot of the songs have unique backgrounds, only the 'boss' ones do.
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Just bought it

Well, it's Tap Tap alright.

I am a big weezer Fan, so the decision to purchase this app was pretty well done for me :P

Other than the weezer Theme, and Happy grunge Versions of some Christmas Carols, there is nothing special about this.

Do not buy, if You are no weezer Fan, or have the urge to get in the mood for Rock 'n Roll Christmas.
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Funny...

Anyone else get an e-mail that said they were a tier 1 TTR User?
It's really just an advertisement for the new TT games...
Just wondering if I am really a tier 1 TTR player, or if everyone got that e-mail...
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Tapulous is going to have to release a comprehensive game with TTD, Xmas with Weezer, and TTR:NIN, in the same game for 9.99. This is getting out of control
12-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Like I said in the TTD thread, I don't know if anyone who complains about the price of these games understands the concept of music licensing.

I am already amazed that they could license Katy Perry, the Offspring, and Weezer for free downloadable tracks when they tend to be $2 in games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero. In all fairness, TTR is free so they are making no money off of it, and they aren't asking for the original master tracks like RB/GH, but it still must cost them quite a bit of money.

If they want to ask $5 for 8-12 songs in a neatly-made package (that is, yes, lacking online play, which is the saddest thing), I have no problems with it, because I'm starting to wonder if Tapulous is going to end up bankrupt at this rate with all their free offerings. I've got a hunch that they would love to charge for their downloadable songs but Apple won't let them, which is why they release all these paid versions instead.
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Weezer is my favorite band, so this was absolutely, totally, no question about it worth 5 bucks to me. Awesome stuff.