★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Circular Assault....is amazing

08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Circular Assault....is amazing

......and no one is talking about this game why? Nice presentation, fun game play, fantastic rewards system with tons of items and upgrades. I have found little wrong in it so far. Plus to my knowledge it's the first of it's type on the iphone, which at this point should be reason to celebrate enough.

The controls are a little funky. Tilt control seems to complicate matters when the action heats up, and finger control is useless since your finger blocks too much of the screen.

Other then that, pretty awesome. Price was fair, and i love all the upgrade options. Gives you a sense of accomplishment and ads some variety, instead of just doing the same thing over and over.

Curious to see if the developer goes any further with the concept, multiplayer maybe? Might have a kind of "Warlords" feel to it.
08-27-2008, 09:32 AM
I agree it is an awesome game and more people should be talking about it. The only thing wrong is that it needs more levels and it needs to be harder.
Only 30 levels? That's weak but i can live with it for now but the difficulty definitely needs some fixing. Even on hard mode by the time you get to level 10 you can have enough upgrades to not be damaged for the rest of the game. Eventually when you get the sticky upgrade you can instantly kill any enemies you see and you end up only having one enemy on the screen at a time. When you beat the last level you should have a feeling of accomplishment but anyone could do it.
Even with these issues i still recomend that you give the game a try. Hopefully these problems will be addressed in future updates. I give this game 5 stars because of it's great potential.