★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game suggestion needed!

07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Game suggestion needed!

Hello people! Pardon me for my English as I'm not a native English speaker

Anyway, I'm on my holiday and out seeking for new games. I'm looking for games that back by an actual story line, not necessary need to strong or good but not another "keep-playing-and-break-your-previous-high-score" type. A reason other than high score to keep me playing is good enough as I rarely will go back for second time once I finished a game.

Coming from a PC gamer, price of the iDevice game is of my least concern, so feel free to suggest

Basically the action, adventure, role playing, strategy (Not RTS, please) genre suits me pretty well.

A couple of games I owned that I think to have some sort of story to back up the gameplay are;

Assassin's Creed, Brother In Arms, Car Jack Streets, Castle of Magic, Chronicle of Inotia, Doom Resurrection, Hero of Sparta, Mass Effect Galaxy, Need For Speed*, The Oregon Trail*, Prey Invasion, Resident Evil, The Sims 3*, Terminator Salvation, Underworlds, Vanguard Storm* and Zenonia.

*Not necessary a solid story line but... well its not high score.

As you all can see, my requirement on story line is not very high... I think. Any sort of help/suggestion will be highly appreciated!
07-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Mecho Wars, Westward and Bugdom 2 sound like they might fit what you're looking for.

/sarcasm

07-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Couldn't help but notice you didn't mention Real Racing. It doesn't have a story a such but features some great single player championships and great online features!

ngmoco:] PLUS+ Fu3lRac3r

My Blog: appstoreupdates.com
^^ Anyone want to write for my blog? Let me know
07-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic. View Post
Assassin's Creed, Brother In Arms, Car Jack Streets, Castle of Magic, Chronicle of Inotia, Doom Resurrection, Hero of Sparta, Mass Effect Galaxy, Need For Speed*, The Oregon Trail*, Prey Invasion, Resident Evil, The Sims 3*, Terminator Salvation, Underworlds, Vanguard Storm* and Zenonia.
Ones highlighted in blue are games I think are good and worth buying. As you can see there is only one highlighted in blue and that is Zenonia.
Ones not highlighted are neutral and depending on genre preference you may choose to get them or not.
Ones highlighted in red are ones I think are crap, and I recommend not getting them either because they are overpriced, too short, or have horrible theme/gameplay.
07-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Ones highlighted in blue are games I think are good and worth buying. As you can see there is only one highlighted in blue and that is Zenonia.
Ones not highlighted are neutral and depending on genre preference you may choose to get them or not.
Ones highlighted in red are ones I think are crap, and I recommend not getting them either because they are overpriced, too short, or have horrible theme/gameplay.
Those aren't games he's thinking about, those are games he already has.

/sarcasm
07-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Aurora, I don't think he was asking for your opinion on games he's already played -- he's looking for good suggestions based on a list of games he's enjoyed (and meet his criteria of having a "story," rather than being solely about high scores. Glad you think Zenonia is worth owning -- I happen to agree. But there are plenty of people on this board who would highlight a completely different set.

With that said, I would recommend you check out Bionic Surfer, Glyder, and Galaxy on Fire, all three of which combine story (well, it's pretty thin on Glyder) with good gameplay.
07-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Mecho Wars, is 0.99 cents I think.

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm
07-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Car Jack Streets
Real Racing
Castle of Magic
Rolando 2
Mecho Wars
Sway
Metal Gear Solid Touch
Need For Speed Underground
Blimp
Top Gun
Resident Evil Degeneration
Puzzle Quest
All of these have a story and take a little while to complete
The highlighted ones I REALLY suggest.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic. View Post
Wow, u put that list in alphabetical order

Well, you could try out:

Blimp- Flying Adventures
Galaxy on Fire
Mecho Wars
Need for Speed: Undercover
Vay

(My list is also in alphabetical order)
07-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks for all the input! Checking them now

@Fu3lRac3r

I did owned Real Racing but pardon me as much as I would like to like it, I just couldn't The control really keeps me away.

@Barbosa

I just went to my application page and type the name from there that I think is worthy to mention That's why its in alphabetical order.