App description: "This endless runner is a total breath of fresh air" Arcade Sushi

The chase is on to save the realm of gods.

The realm of the gods has been thrown into disarray and its up to one swift night spirit to restore the peace. Steer the young hero Nito as he sprints into action, collecting dream orbs that send him accelerating around obstacles and leaping over pitfalls. Explore a world unlike anything youve seen before and immerse yourself in this unique action-packed, story-driven runner.

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

QUICK ON YOUR FEET
Set out on an epic quest to restore the Tower of Dreams following its collapse and restore the escaped Gemini Spirits. Experience a tale brought to life through imaginative art style and a cast of compelling characters.

NEED A HERO
Young and agile, Nito can run but hell need your help to reach his full potential. Dash through strings of dream orbs to boost even faster and use tilt controls to avoid obstacles that threaten to bring Nitos journey to an abrupt end.

JUST RUN WITH IT
Take a break from saving a troubled realm and just run. Upgrade Nito with power-ups, costumes and breeze through checkpoints in Endless mode.

GAME FEATURES
A story-driven runner with over 26 missions
Tilt your device to steer Nito left and right
An epic adventure in 3D with an epic soundtrack
Run as fast as you can in Endless Mode

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Collects data through third party ad serving and analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Sanuku's comments:

04-03-2013, 06:02 AM
I have high hopes for this one! Instabuy for me!

04-03-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I have high hopes for this one! Instabuy for me!
Looking forward to your impressions! I'm on the fence about this one.
04-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Yeah,this should be good...

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
04-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Landscape mode + tilting ? I'm not a huge fan of this. Also I'm not impressed by the graphics so I think I'll pass.

Game Center: sink_or_swim

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 04-03-2013 at 03:50 PM.
04-03-2013, 06:18 AM
So this is the game that used to be called Dream Runner, right? Wasn't expecting it to get released today, so this is a nice surprise!

Waiting to see what you think, E-P.

Last edited by Jazzpha; 04-03-2013 at 06:29 AM.
04-03-2013, 06:26 AM
Looks good but I will wait for E-P impressions to before buying.

Oh, and... Chillingo + Endless Runner + Lots of IAP = ? :P

Last edited by TheFrost; 04-03-2013 at 09:19 AM.
04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Controls: Tilt to move left and right. Tap anywhere on right side of the screen to jump. Tap this button on the left to boost. No Customizattion whatsoever, which was problematic for me. I've been used to putting all my jump buttons on the left, and actions on the right. Tilt, without a sensitivity options, feels a little clunky.

Visuals: The art style is nice, but there are things that arent helping in this department.

The draw distance is close that you can see the backgrounds appear part by part as you run which breaks the game atmosphere to much. Maybe some blurring, or smoke, or dust or whatever effect can hide that a bit. My expectation (as the title suggested) was that the experience was supposed to be atmospheric and feel like a dream but it was far from it.

Some obstacles arent well executed, especially the pitfalls right after slopes, the slopes looked like the pitfalls themselves it has caught me off more than a few times which made it a little frustrating.

Sounds: Cant say much on this as nothing was really standing out on the audio part, and something else always had my attention.

Gameplay:

There are 2 modes of play, Story and Endless.

Endless is different in this one that it's different from the usual runners which was supposedly nice, but... There is a timer bar that constantly drops, and your only chance to keep going is to pas through waypoints/checkpoints that reset the timer. Remind you of anything? Outrun. Just that this wasnt a racing game, so it wasnt really a new feature as Outrun was kinda like a runner too, or if you juxtapose the idea, the character in Dream Chaser could be a car too. LOL.

Story Mode is quite unique, but a lot more frustrating.

There are dialogues in between stages, and you run a course from point A to B to complete them.

What makes it frustrating? The HEARTS system.

You have a life pool represented by hearts. Everytime you fail, you lose a heart. You get 5 starting hearts. What happens when you lose all 5? TIMER of SEVEN-F****N-HOURS (at least that is what it was for me coz i tested dying just to see what losing all 5 hearts meant) to regain Hearts, or buy extra hearts through IAP. I was willing to look past some of the flaws in the game, but this was a deal breaker for me.

You are left to play Endless til timers are cooled down or if you paid to gain extra hearts.

In addition to that, this felt a bit grindy, but i cant say much as the game held me back from playing a bit more Story mode. I only played endless a bit as i didnt like the Outrun pseudo-time-trial system.

So yeah, this game is totally unique, that it frustrates me for unique reasons in a runner game.

It felt like it was actually complete before already, but the deal with Chillingo had them extend the release date for Chillingo's changes. Im not going to blame Chillingo for the timers as im not sure who implemented them there. It might already be there on the original design before Chillingo had their hands on them.

Right now it just feels outdated, despite the new things that are in it.

Im a little disappointed as i had high hopes in this one. Maybe my expectations got too high, but i hope i shed some light as to what this game can offer.

With this, i can NOT recommend it, as skipping this you're not really missing out on anything except new ways to complain on a runner game.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Ouch. Thanks for the impressions E-P. Aside from the other points, a seven hour timer? WTF? Even EA quickly reduced their timers in RR3 after the backlash.

Definately pass for me.

Gotta check out some of the other threads, you must be in heaven to at least have some runners this week after the lack of any last week!
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
IAPs I can handle. But timers dictating when I can play a game I've paid for???

I'm staying away from this one. Timers are even worse than freemium games laden with IAPS!