★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Zerobytes
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 36.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Blast back to the early days of gaming with Pocket Dogfights! A game of oldschool style arcade aerial combat, inspired by the days of 80's arcade gaming, when skill was all that mattered.

Fly the unfriendly skies to engage and destroy numerous waves of enemy fighters, jets & bombers. Collect power-ups from destroyed enemies to help turn the tide.

Take advantage of the fluid touch controls as you dodge the enemy attacks and position yourself for the offensive as you aim for the heights of the Game Center leaderboards!

Want more news on updates?
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PocketDogfights
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PocketDogfights

Running into problems? Want to send feedback? Drop us an email at pocketdogfights@zerobyt.es and we'll do our best to help.

Sanuku's comments:

04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Fun game with good controls, but just the single survival mode means it gets old fast. A campaign where you work through missions would have made all the difference here.

04-03-2013, 11:16 PM
How are the control? How do you control, tilt, d-pad? Thanks Gabrien!
04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
How are the control? How do you control, tilt, d-pad? Thanks Gabrien!
Actually, it has somewhat innovative touch controls. They're a bit difficult to describe precisely but worked well for me once I got used to them. "Invisible floating joystick" does not quite nail it, but should give you some idea.
04-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Just been playing this for the last hour and a half. Definitely one of the more fun, better designed dogfight/airplane shooting games. The controls take some getting used to, but then it's really fun.
04-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Fun game with good controls, but just the single survival mode means it gets old fast. A campaign where you work through missions would have made all the difference here.
Hi, developer here. I've certainly been considering it for what comes next, as I really wanted to get the basic game out there and get people playing before I focus on more content.

For the moment, a set of missions is basically the top thing that comes to mind, along with some other planes to fly

Hopefully you're enjoying the game regardless
04-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Promos!

In case anyone out there's a little skeptical about it, here's a bunch of promo codes to try.

It's basically my first shipping game - so I'm certainly interested in feedback from anyone playing

YRKW43L9RJTJ
RYA3NYKEF69H
FJEHPRXTW7Y6
336KLTK3E4M6
RENWAYTKM7Y3
04-04-2013, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Actually, it has somewhat innovative touch controls. They're a bit difficult to describe precisely but worked well for me once I got used to them. "Invisible floating joystick" does not quite nail it, but should give you some idea.
Thanks Gabrien! Will take a dive at this one!

Took RENWAYTKM7Y3, will leave impressions later. Thank you!

Last edited by sugimulm; 04-04-2013 at 01:23 AM.
04-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Grabbed RYA3NYKEF69H. Thanks!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-04-2013, 02:14 AM
All codes gone and only 2 thanks... Hmmm

Not cool...