Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Fornax (arcade-RPG) for iPads 2+

Now the game is completely free

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fornax-space-scroll-shooter/id587382602?l=ru&ls=1&mt=8

Fornax arcade scroll shooter with RPG elements.

- 12 ship parameters, 15 researches, 85 upgrades.
- Different bosses. Randomly generated levels. Challenge Mode.
- Three Difficulty levels. Adaptive gameplay. Two control types (touch and accelerometer).
- Bonus and secret stages.

Lite version allows leveling up to level 11, includes two difficulty levels and 7 of 15 researches available. It can be upgraded to full version without loosing progress.

Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/fornaxgame

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1s.jpg (227.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2s.jpg (238.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 3s.jpg (221.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 4s.jpg (191.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 5s.jpg (189.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Andrey Krasovskiy; 06-11-2013 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: Changed iTunes link
Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

Tried it yesterday, game looks polished.
I wanted to ask, do you plan to add retina support in future patches?
Cause on mine Ipad 4th its not exactly scaled properly and look fuzzy at some places.
Would be nice to have also non tilt option moving with ship, rather then only tilt and touch (gamepad).
That's need HUD to be moved up though, not sure how it would work.
Overall I like it.

Last edited by spajdr; 04-04-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Really like this, the presentation is fantastic, looks neat on my minipad. It's the perfect Yin to Plasma-sky's Yang. Whilst the latter is pure instant arcade goodness this is a more simulation oriented game with plenty of longevity.

My only gripe is with the controls, they're perfectly fine, but plasma sky has spoilt me somewhat. Thankfully the tilt option is optional but the touch setup requires either tapping to guide the ship to a destination or dragging it constantly which means you cannot see your ship. As stated, the controls are fine and its easy to play, I'd just love to see a relative touch option.

Also there doesn't seem to be multi touch capability, whilst holding down on the ship and dragging, the buttons for the two specials cannot be clicked.

Both above observations don't impact the gameplay negatively IMHO, I just feel if these were addressed it might be even better. I really like this, great stuff.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Thank you for reviews

We will correct titl-control in next version. Today or tomorrow we will upload it and than wait about one week in "waiting for review" state

Also we will add relative control by touch. You simply click somewhere on the screen, than move your finger and ship follows the same direction with double or triple speed.

Multi-touch will also be fixed in next patch.

We want to add something like daily bonus (free red crystals every day). We will try to include it into this patch, but controls are more important.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:41 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Krasovskiy View Post
Thank you for reviews

We will correct titl-control in next version. Today or tomorrow we will upload it and than wait about one week in "waiting for review" state

Also we will add relative control by touch. You simply click somewhere on the screen, than move your finger and ship follows the same direction with double or triple speed.

Multi-touch will also be fixed in next patch.

We want to add something like daily bonus (free red crystals every day). We will try to include it into this patch, but controls are more important.
That would be awesome. Perhaps in settings you could add a sensitivity option (much like in Plasma-sky) to alter how much (double, triple etc) the ship moves in relation to thumb movement. Always nice when a developer gets involved with the community, it's a shame the game is flying relatively low under the radar, I feel it deserves more attention. Perhaps it's to do with being iPad 2+ only? Is there scope to broaden the range of devices it will play on?

As for free crystals, what about offering a free ship a day rather than crystals?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartbomb View Post
That would be awesome. Perhaps in settings you could add a sensitivity option (much like in Plasma-sky) to alter how much (double, triple etc) the ship moves in relation to thumb movement. Always nice when a developer gets involved with the community, it's a shame the game is flying relatively low under the radar, I feel it deserves more attention. Perhaps it's to do with being iPad 2+ only? Is there scope to broaden the range of devices it will play on?

As for free crystals, what about offering a free ship a day rather than crystals?
Thanks for your great review! We really need such reviews.

So, we uploaded fixing patch with daily bonus and now waiting for Apple. We thought about including sensitivity option, but decided not to implement it yet. May be in next patches (both for gyro and D-Pad).

What about supported devices Ė iPad2 is minimum, because of different effects, like explosions. iPad1 has too so good video hard it has low fps and we didnít want to reduce effects. But will make our next game for iPhones also and may be port this one.

Daily bonus. Red crystals are more useful than ships. You can always buy ships for red crystals and if donít lose them, you can spend them for researches.

By the way, you wrote about some spelling mistakes. May be you remember, where you saw them?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey Krasovskiy View Post
Thanks for your great review! We really need such reviews.

So, we uploaded fixing patch with daily bonus and now waiting for Apple. We thought about including sensitivity option, but decided not to implement it yet. May be in next patches (both for gyro and D-Pad).

What about supported devices Ė iPad2 is minimum, because of different effects, like explosions. iPad1 has too so good video hard it has low fps and we didnít want to reduce effects. But will make our next game for iPhones also and may be port this one.

Daily bonus. Red crystals are more useful than ships. You can always buy ships for red crystals and if donít lose them, you can spend them for researches.

By the way, you wrote about some spelling mistakes. May be you remember, where you saw them?
During the "connection lost" cut scene there is a line "radiation was to strong.." Which I believe should be "radiation was too strong.."

In the research panel there is an element "shield capasitor" which boosts "reganeration", i think those should be "shield capacitor" and "regeneration"

I just noticed a few minor anomalies like this, I don't remember if that's all of them or where others were right now, I will keep my eyes open. Not that I'm an English authority or anything, I'm hazarding a guess by the names of the creators credited this game has gone through some form of localisation, in which case it's very good and wasn't a criticism in the slightest.

Just meant to say apart from those tiny typos, the presentation of your game is flawless. I'm looking forward to the update.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

So... we are still waiting for Apple to review update.

We decided to add iPad-1 support moving some graphic from 3D engine to 2D. Out test shown that graphic stays on the same level and FPS increases significantly.

P.S.: If Touch Arcade team is looking through this forum, download our game please, I'm sure you like it. We've already sent you promo codes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Great update, I love the new controls.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Thanks, we try to do everything as best as possible.

Last edited by Andrey Krasovskiy; 06-01-2013 at 04:48 AM..