★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gory, "M-rated" games?

04-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Gory, "M-rated" games?

Preferably a 2D action platformer, but any genre would do.

I'm talking games where you can dismember enemies or shred them to pieces. MK or Splatterhouse levels of gore. A variety of weapons, and not an endless game
04-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post

I'm talking games where you can dismember enemies or shred them to pieces. MK or Splatterhouse levels of gore. A variety of weapons, and not an endless game
I, Gladiator is pretty good for that stuff. I got turned off it as they did one those "hey I'm $5 buy me.....OH JUST JOKES I'M FREEMIUM ERMAGHERD LOLOLOLOL" strategies.

However, those who kept on going with it (September maybe?) seemed to dig it and it has a fair bit of depth to uncover.

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
04-08-2013, 01:57 AM
Quote:

Try these (not platformy mostly, but these are good games):

Pocket Ninjas - Think Fruit Ninja, but you get to dismember body parts and blood splatters and chunks fall off the floor.

Ninja Slash - a fairly new runner, where you slice enemies as you run Subway Surfers style.

Infinite Warrior - No dismembering, but lots of blood and killing, and you get to kill in style.

EDIT: All 3 are great games, but i just read your post about no-endless as these 3 are all endless. :P

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Quote:

Madfinger games don't shy away from carnage. Samurai has the ability to slice people in half which is cool if you like to share

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
04-08-2013, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Try these (not platformy mostly, but these are good games):

Pocket Ninjas - Think Fruit Ninja, but you get to dismember body parts and blood splatters and chunks fall off the floor.
Zombie Swipeout is another that's similar. But yeah, probably not what you'll be looking for