★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: VERTIGO - Multiplayer Jenga SALE!!

07-11-2009, 08:31 AM
VERTIGO - Multiplayer Jenga SALE!!

We're really ejoying the reception VERTIGO has gotten from players the world over, and in anticipation of the first update, we've decided to do a special price promotion of 50% off for the next two weeks!

If you enjoy VERTIGO, please tell your friends and leave a comment on iTunes! We've got some *GREAT* games coming up over the next few months, including updates for VERTIGO, and your enthusiasm toward our titles drives us to make more!

All the best, folks!

-UNDERWORLD ENTERTAINMENT-

The game, VERTIGO is based on the classic brick stacking games like Jenga, and not only has excellent game mechanics (specifically designed to be as good as possible using all the features of the iPhone's touch-screen), but also has 3 single player modes and up to 4 player multiplayer.

A game to enjoy with friends - check it out here:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320234149&mt=8

Hope you all enjoy it - look out for other big releases in the coming months from Underworld!

Cheers,

SB

Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/S7ARBVCK
07-11-2009, 10:23 AM
grate mechanics in this game

07-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm71 View Post
grate mechanics in this game
Thanks, man! Please be sure to leave a comment on the App Store - we'd love to see the game hit the charts!
07-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Is the sale $1.99 or 99c?
07-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alichan76 View Post
Hi S7ARBVCK: ) Nice to see Jenga on the iDevice. Is 1.19 the sale price? Not quite sure as there is no message to say it's on sale in the app page, as there normally would be.

Also, I did chuckle to see that you have rated you own game 5 stars; ) I would probably do the same if I had a game to sell...

EDIT: One other thing. Is it 'same device' multiplayer, or something else?
Hey!

No - it seems iTunes hasn't updated yet. It's going down to 59p - this evening, I guess. I'm finding iTunes VERY slow at the moment - I updated the price yesterday!

And of course I'm gonna give it a rating - I think it's great! Plus I had to pay the 1.19 to buy it, 30% of which goes to Apple...

The game is currently "same device" multiplayer, yes - if the game sells enough, and we get enough feedback about the game, we'll look to make that wireless. It's only been out 2 days, though, so we'll have to sell a few more yet!
07-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by costanza View Post
is the sale $1.99 or 99c?
1.99$
07-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm71 View Post
1.99$
He just said it was 99c

It's a decent game. They've done a fair job of simulating real jenga via the controls and physics. It could use some minor fixes in both, but at 99c and the promise of updates, I'd say it's worth it, if this looks like it might interest you.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
07-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Yup - definitely 99c. The full price is $1.99, and it'll stay at 99c until the first update, so get it while it's hot!

We're also always keen to hear about improvements that you, as gamers, think we could make to our games. Personally, I think there is a lot that people don't realise you can do in this game yet - like tap and pull a brick, for example - it's not just dragging!

Also, the physics is calculated so accurately that sometimes the bricks can stick (just like the real thing) as well as the fact that if you're quick enough, you can remove seemingly "impossible" bricks and the tower will just drop down on itself!

The next version is even faster too. If there's a big enough interest in this, we're also planning a 3GS only version which has a much bigger tower and an extra special "expert" mode which will be only for true masters of the game!
07-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ARBVCK View Post
Yup - definitely 99c. The full price is $1.99, and it'll stay at 99c until the first update, so get it while it's hot!

We're also always keen to hear about improvements that you, as gamers, think we could make to our games. Personally, I think there is a lot that people don't realise you can do in this game yet - like tap and pull a brick, for example - it's not just dragging!

Also, the physics is calculated so accurately that sometimes the bricks can stick (just like the real thing) as well as the fact that if you're quick enough, you can remove seemingly "impossible" bricks and the tower will just drop down on itself!

The next version is even faster too. If there's a big enough interest in this, we're also planning a 3GS only version which has a much bigger tower and an extra special "expert" mode which will be only for true masters of the game!
sorry, i thought it was 2... anyway as far as i'm concerned its worth any of the 2 prices
07-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Very nice of you to say so! Really glad you're enjoying it - it's 50% of the reason we do this afterall...

The next update will be submitted to Apple tomorrow (just in QA at the moment), so I'd expect it'll be available in the next 2-3 weeks.