App description: You wake up in a labyrinth. You don't know why you're there. You only know that something is awfully wrong!

All you have is a flashlight, some charcoal, a compass...and a really bad feeling in your stomach!

--------------------------------------------

You think you got nerves of steel? You think nothing scares you?

We will teach you better!

Experience this first-person 3D horror game and let yourself be immersed in a world of fright!

WARNING: If you get scared easily, you shouldn't play this game!...or perhaps you should play it all the more! :-)

Best played alone, lights out, headphones on!

GOAL OF THE GAME:

The labyrinth you find yourself in has 8 exit doors, 2 on each of the outer sides. Only ONE of these doors will let you escape this maze of madness! The other seven will lead you back to the middle the labyrinth.

Tip: use your charcoal and make a mark before you enter a door!!!

Features:

- special game mode: SUCKER SPAWNS - experience the creepiness!
- creepy sfX and gfX
- dense atmosphere
- random maze generator: no two games will ever be the same!
- a gruesome MONSTER
- Game Center leaderboard & achievements

If you encounter problems, contact us! We will answer every email!

undeadcow's comments:

04-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Link to free trial edition: https://itunes.apple.com/om/app/garden-of-fear-free/id627400182?mt=8

Current $0.99 price is a temporary launch special.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-09-2013 at 11:29 PM.

04-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Played some of the free version. Love the game, hate the looking controls...
04-10-2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
The look controls are spot on...if the intention was to simulate your character being drunk.

Seriously though, amazing to see something this simple gotten this wrong.
04-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Think the buttons look fine, its just the way they work, as Gabrien says they seem a bit 'off'.

When the torch light runs out i think they should give an epilepsy warning ! Got a headache after seeing that flashing !

Not too much was happening, played it for a bit hoping to see the baddie etc but just going round lost in corridors. Had some suspense but nothing to jump out or that. Still think it has potential
04-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
The look controls are spot on...if the intention was to simulate your character being drunk.

Seriously though, amazing to see something this simple gotten this wrong.
You can adjust the sensitivity in the options menu.
I for one prefer a higher x-axis and lower y-axis setting.
04-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Even adjusting the sensitivity I can barely move. If I reduce almost completely I can move, but too slow.

Last edited by amdreh; 04-10-2013 at 05:11 AM.
04-10-2013, 05:12 AM
^sad to hear about the not so good controls, but im not too worried... Im sure smuttlewerk can make it more suitable for everyone.

As for me, this is still instabuy at a buck, then i'll see if the controls work for me.

Will buy right away when i get home.
04-10-2013, 07:56 AM
We will definitely work on the controls.

I think we got too used to the current controls so we missed that even when we improved them several times during the development process they still suck.
I'm sorry for that.

So, i assume the controls react too strong ?
Does this issue also include the movement ( left button ) or only looking around?

current plan is:
curve instead of linear acceleration
stationary buttons have to go

Last edited by SmuttleRalph; 04-10-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: avoid follow up post
04-10-2013, 09:36 AM
The controls is OMG. I know making a game is difficult and I salute all the game devs out there but isn't the controls the most fundamental. Quite disappointed on this game. Until there is an update to fix it, i recommend to give this a pass.