Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2013, 12:28 AM

Default First Wood War

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 04-11-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 12:28 AM

This game Is out woohoo!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

look good, but free? Hmmm.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 AM

I just tried the game, it's a top down view kind of game and maybe I am not used to this type of viewing I deleted it after 5 mins as it is getting me dizzy. Haha.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:17 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
I just tried the game, it's a top down view kind of game and maybe I am not used to this type of viewing I deleted it after 5 mins as it is getting me dizzy. Haha.
er... Starcraft, Warcraft, LOL, Diablo, NWN makes you dizzy? O_o
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 AM

The premise is pretty good...but it really needs to be a pay game.

About three missions is, the game becomes all but impossible without spending OBSCENE amounts of money.

The computer starts with better quality troops (where you have to pay to advance them with in game resources) and consistantly out-produces me in troops WHEN I AM CONTROLLING THE ONLY RESOURCE NODE!!!...obviously I don't control it for long...the computer also gets unlimited special ammo...each single shot of which costs you real money.

Mind you, I'm not just talking about higher level missions here...as you level, the only way to gain xp (since the higher level missions are impossible) and get slightly more powerful is to repeat earlier missions for a tiny amount of xp. Problem is...those missions get harder as you level. So yeah...the beginner mission on easy level can level me after about 20 wins...but I'm lucky to win 1 out of 3...and that is absolutely NOT an indication of my skill...my opponent LITERALLY has unlimited resources.

Maybe if they had made a purchaseable game they might have bothered to make it winnable...I'm not opposed to spending money on micro-transactions...but no way would any sane person buy one shot stuff to use against a computer sontrolled mission...thats for pvp...the missions should be about fun and learning...not squeezing money out of us...

So yea...fun game that is ruined by the lack of balance

Oh yeah...and on the beginner easy level the computer suddenly started building flame towers...a building I can't even build yet and which automatically kills any melee troops...and I do many any number at once. Only way to kill them (so far) is with ranged troops...something you have to spend resources just to get access to...while you're desperately trying to just build enough basic troops to stay alive. Even if you get the ranged guys, you then need melee to protect them from enemy troops...and the melee just wander into the flames and die...absolutely ZERO effort has been made to balance this game...

Last edited by mjprogue; 04-11-2013 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: add on