★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: First Wood War is fueled with dynamic battles, dozens of units, advanced tech tree, epic storytelling, state-of-the-art 3D graphics and native mobile-optimized controls. Battle other players online or play through the single player campaign and save the Woodland from the evil king in the 3D real time strategy!

TOP5 Strategy Game in more than 10 countries!

ORIGINAL AND UNIQUE WORLD
Amazing creatures and locations will make your journey unforgettable

MOBILE-OPTIMIZED CONTROLS
Easy to learn for both new and veteran RTS players

PvP MULTIPLAYER
Join real-time battles against other players!

A LOT OF CONTENT
Over 50 different units, artillery and 20 fortifications chose your own battle tactics for success! Over 30 unique battlefields, three difficulty modes and dynamic AI to make each battle unique!

ADVANCED TECH TREE
Upgrade your armies and buildings, discover new battle units!

The wooden soldiers believe that you are the chosen one who can help them to win this war as the enemy is really strong and only a talented strategist can help destroy their foe!

We'll be glad to see you in our community! http://facebook.com/FirstWoodWar

ATTENTION iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4 is not supported (not enough memory)

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

04-09-2013, 11:28 PM
This game Is out woohoo!
04-09-2013, 11:46 PM
look good, but free? Hmmm.
04-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I just tried the game, it's a top down view kind of game and maybe I am not used to this type of viewing I deleted it after 5 mins as it is getting me dizzy. Haha.
04-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
I just tried the game, it's a top down view kind of game and maybe I am not used to this type of viewing I deleted it after 5 mins as it is getting me dizzy. Haha.
er... Starcraft, Warcraft, LOL, Diablo, NWN makes you dizzy? O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-10-2013, 11:42 PM
The premise is pretty good...but it really needs to be a pay game.

About three missions is, the game becomes all but impossible without spending OBSCENE amounts of money.

The computer starts with better quality troops (where you have to pay to advance them with in game resources) and consistantly out-produces me in troops WHEN I AM CONTROLLING THE ONLY RESOURCE NODE!!!...obviously I don't control it for long...the computer also gets unlimited special ammo...each single shot of which costs you real money.

Mind you, I'm not just talking about higher level missions here...as you level, the only way to gain xp (since the higher level missions are impossible) and get slightly more powerful is to repeat earlier missions for a tiny amount of xp. Problem is...those missions get harder as you level. So yeah...the beginner mission on easy level can level me after about 20 wins...but I'm lucky to win 1 out of 3...and that is absolutely NOT an indication of my skill...my opponent LITERALLY has unlimited resources.

Maybe if they had made a purchaseable game they might have bothered to make it winnable...I'm not opposed to spending money on micro-transactions...but no way would any sane person buy one shot stuff to use against a computer sontrolled mission...thats for pvp...the missions should be about fun and learning...not squeezing money out of us...

So yea...fun game that is ruined by the lack of balance

Oh yeah...and on the beginner easy level the computer suddenly started building flame towers...a building I can't even build yet and which automatically kills any melee troops...and I do many any number at once. Only way to kill them (so far) is with ranged troops...something you have to spend resources just to get access to...while you're desperately trying to just build enough basic troops to stay alive. Even if you get the ranged guys, you then need melee to protect them from enemy troops...and the melee just wander into the flames and die...absolutely ZERO effort has been made to balance this game...

Last edited by mjprogue; 04-10-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: add on