Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 AM

Default Kingturn RPG - (by Mangobile)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-12-2013 at 05:36 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 AM

iap price to unlock everything?

found it on the knighturn thread, $4.99

Last edited by turakm; 04-11-2013 at 05:51 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 06:33 AM
iPad mini

Nice I though Knighturn was great.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Knighturn didnt click with me. I'll wait for something to sway me into getting this.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:43 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Great game. Tons of content. Free to try. What could be better?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:01 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I highly recommend Kingturn. I've been obsessively playing it for a week now with an early release promo code and it smashes Knighturn/Sw&Ear (which are made obsolete by this new engine). There is tons of content with 67 missions, including branching side quests (you rarely have just one option of scenario to play). The strategy role playing game mechanics are very well done and it's 5G widescreen optimized. Additionally the "band of survivors" plot is compelling and you can carefully craft your team with equipment or character classes. Kingturn is easily the best iOS game I've played in some time.

Often battles feel like "epic" stand-offs between your party and the opposing forces due to "capture the flag" style mechanics requiring you to storm and overthrow enemy barracks and palisades (forts). Aside from the driving narrative uniting scenarios a goal in Kingturn is to manage enemy respawns through tactical use of assorted classes to divide villainous armies and somehow capture their base. Taking and maintaining possession of enemy barracks/forts impacts how many units either side can keep in play.

Character customization is a highlight. Kingturn has a great variety of 30 playable classes unlocked through progression. You can equipt each playable character with 4 individual equipment types. Some characters are eltite/hero units (also uncommon in many SRPGs). Enemy variety is also good; for example some villian classes can only be damaged with magic and other better dealt with by physical attack and attacks vary similarly. There are several types of damage types - physical, magic, bow and each armor protects differently (i.e. one armor might have high physical resistant but low arrow protection) so that's another level of customization. Legendary/rare loot items come into play by being earned through quest rewards (often through bonus side quests) or sending your team to nab often difficult to obtain treasure chests located on the many battle fields.

Another highlight is the ability to customize the difficulty mid-game by adjusting either difficulty setting or enemy respawn rate. Kingturn starts are a default recommended by developer but if you'd like it harder or easier you can set to taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Knighturn didnt click with me. I'll wait for something to sway me into getting this.
Kingturn, and strategy games in general, won't "be" for everyone... but there's a link describing the improvements made in Kingturn. http://www.mangobile.com/Mangobile/K...nOverview.html.

Here's a gameplay trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-11-2013 at 07:13 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Can't wait to dig into this beauty, come on 11!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm not usually one to complain about graphics but they look pretty shady here, I'll give it a try for free but I'm not sold by the videos so far.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Undead thanks for the imps.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Been playing this one for the last few days due to a pre-release code from Dev. Really been enjoying the game and completely losing track of time submersing myself in it.

This game has tons of depth and as you play through, you discover layer after layer of strategy.

Definitely worth checking out and determining if it's worth the unlock for you.