Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-25-2013, 06:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatevolved View Post
One specific incident I thought I noticed was the item dropped said "plate" I assumed it meant some plate armor but when I went to my unused items screen I couldnt find it.
Ah, I see. We've tried to keep the floating messages for item drops as short as possible, so we are just displaying the armor category. The category 'Plate' covers both plate armor and chain mail. So I guess you've got a chain mail in this case.
Never really thought about this before. We will try to make the message less confusing for the next patch.

Quote:
Also how does chest loot work is it based on the level of the scenario or the level of the character that claims it?
There are basically two types of chests:
a) Random content: Gold, normal item or (with a lot of luck) a rare item. The gold amount, respectively the item quality, is based on the level of the scenario.
b) Specific content: Whatever we are willing to give you .

Most of the chests have random content.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:45 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
If you dont mind me asking how many unused items do you normally have on hand for use and how much gold do you have on hand for emergency shopping trips?
Initially gold was in short supply but my play style was such that I rarely recruited mercenaries and focused on upgrading items. Typically I equip items that were better than what the unit had and always sold anything inferior. Gold I spent at will but towards the end I recall having accrued a bit of coin (sitting on 5,640) because I was satisfied with units (who were at level cap) and items on hand. If anything Kingturn needs more variety of higher end gear, after a while you seem to top out.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:48 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
Ah, I see. We've tried to keep the floating messages for item drops as short as possible, so we are just displaying the armor category. The category 'Plate' covers both plate armor and chain mail. So I guess you've got a chain mail in this case.
Never really thought about this before. We will try to make the message less confusing for the next patch.
I would bet money that was what happened because I have a lot of chain armor and probobly wouldnt have noticed a new set. Thanks for the explanation. Also thanks for the explanation of the how the level of the chest loot is decided.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Did someone say Kingturn Plus?!?
Yeah, I said Kingturn Plus will be postponed to 2015.
Just kidding . We are making good progress and should be able to publish Kingturn Plus latest on July, 11.
And I think the final scenario overhaul we are doing right now is well worth the (waiting) time.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:13 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Did someone say Kingturn Plus?!?
To throw you at least a small bone ...
We have added a new enemy class type to Kingturn Plus as well.
The Grimlog Archer.
While this might not sound very exciting at first glance, Grimlogs finally cover all 3 damage types physical, magical, and bow.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Initially gold was in short supply but my play style was such that I rarely recruited mercenaries and focused on upgrading items. Typically I equip items that were better than what the unit had and always sold anything inferior. Gold I spent at will but towards the end I recall having accrued a bit of coin (sitting on 5,640) because I was satisfied with units (who were at level cap) and items on hand. If anything Kingturn needs more variety of higher end gear, after a while you seem to top out.
What is the level cap?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
What is the level cap?
Maybe I mis-spoke; I'm not 100% certain there is a level cap. However, on completing the game the highest level unit in my squad, and there were many at this level, was level 17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
We are making good progress and should be able to publish Kingturn Plus latest on July, 11.
And I think the final scenario overhaul we are doing right now is well worth the (waiting) time.
Great news! Final scenario overhaul?

Last edited by undeadcow; 05-25-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Old 05-26-2013, 11:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Great news! Final scenario overhaul?
For the initial Android release of Kingturn Plus we had made plenty of changes compared to the original Sw&Ear already (new scenarios and scenario overhauls to address the differences between the two games).

While play testing Kingturn Plus for iOS now, we thought we can take these changes a little further.
Just to give one example: Since Sw&Ear was our first game, it made initially a lot of sense to make the first scenarios comparably easy, because there haven't been any experienced players (I'm talking about experience with our games, of course ).

This has obviously changed now, so we've tried to find a balance between making the scenarios not too difficult for new players, but also not too boring for experienced Kingturn / Sw&Ear / Knighturn players.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Keeping scenarios around?

Hey do you guys keep some low level sub-plot scenarios around on the map for leveling up new characters or do you guys just not worry about it and complete the scenarios?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Hey do you guys keep some low level sub-plot scenarios around on the map for leveling up new characters or do you guys just not worry about it and complete the scenarios?
I blasted through all the scenarios at a level before proceeding to the next level scenarios; although it is an interesting idea to save some low level scenarios to level next characters. However, you can purchase training/advancement for new levels from camp.