★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ahhh!! My iphone has become a haven for unplayed games!!

07-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Ahhh!! My iphone has become a haven for unplayed games!!

I was just noticing something about my iphone that is very similar to my console game collection. I am slowly acquiring a ton of 'buy now to play later' games. I still have quite a collection of Gamecube/Wii/360 games that I purchased for a nice deal and just shelved for later. Perhaps I am just a serial monogamist, or maybe it's something else.

With iphone games, sometimes you really just can't pass up a game for a buck even if you aren't going to immediately play it!

Here's my list of games that I have never played, but have on my iphone:

Hero of Sparta
Car Jack Streets
iDracula
Defender Chronicles
Blimp
Globall

Thoughts?
07-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Do not fear. I'm the same way.

I don't hesitate to try playing a few sometimes though, when I'm in the mood.

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]

07-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I have a lot that I've only played once or twice. I haven't gotten anything new in a while. Toki Tori was my latest, and before that I hadn't gotten anything for a couple weeks
07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Yep, same here. Seems I have more fun sometimes just flipping through all the pages of games then actually playing them; like some kind of trophy case I guess.
07-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm the same way and it's more common than you think. I think that's the beauty of the idevice. I consider my surplus of games a collection. And I keep adding to my collection for a relatively low price. And one day when I'm in the mood I'll blow the dust off my games and play some of them.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
07-11-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm glad to see someone finally started a thread on this topic...I was beginning to think I was the only one who bought games "to play later."

Hero of Sparta? Got it. Never played it...yet.
Toki Tori? Cute icon that's never been "touched."
Return to Mysterious Island? Couldn't pass it up for a buck, but I'll probably never get off that island!
And on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard View Post
Yep, same here. Seems I have more fun sometimes just flipping through all the pages of games then actually playing them; like some kind of trophy case I guess.
^^yeah, that, too!^^
07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm also a bit of a bargain shopper, so I'll pick up titles that look interesting even if I'm caught up in other titles at the time merely due to price. I have pages of games I've only played once or twice, but thoroughly intend to play through.

Downside is, by the time I get to them, I'll have brand new pages full of unplayed games. You're definitely not alone!
07-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbertj View Post
I was just noticing something about my iphone that is very similar to my console game collection. I am slowly acquiring a ton of 'buy now to play later' games. I still have quite a collection of Gamecube/Wii/360 games that I purchased for a nice deal and just shelved for later. Perhaps I am just a serial monogamist, or maybe it's something else.

With iphone games, sometimes you really just can't pass up a game for a buck even if you aren't going to immediately play it!

Here's my list of games that I have never played, but have on my iphone:

Hero of Sparta
Car Jack Streets
iDracula
Defender Chronicles
Blimp
Globall

Thoughts?
You need to play defender chronicles! It is a lot of fun!
07-11-2009, 09:35 PM
My situation is kinda like that. I buy a game on sale, forget about it for a week, I'm sitting down somewhere waiting for whatever random thing to happen. Oh cool. I have a couple new games. How'd they get on here? Whatevs, play time.
07-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Assassin's Creed, I almost beat it but for some reason I never got around to beating it.
Ancient Frog, bought it and finished a couple of levels. Never touched it after that.
Brain Challenge, played til like 50% then stopped.
9 Innings, played for a few hours then stopped. Same with Baseball Superstars.
Zenonia, got to level 45 and stopped playing. I need to start over though since I restored my device.
Super Monkey Ball, got to world 3 then never touched it again.
Rolando 1, played the first world then stopped.
UNO, played for a few minutes and stopped. I should play that game again.
Freeballin', played for a little and stopped.
Peggle, touched it once in a while, but not a lot.
Trivial Pursuit, maybe one game and that's it.
Top Gun, played for a few minutes then stopped.

Trust me, you're not alone And I must say that my iPhone does feel like a precious trophy case never to be touched, just looked at. I just love the feeling of scrolling through 7 pages of games.