★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is an action role-playing game about strategy, defense, shooting, bloody violence and personal heroism.

In this game, you can be a hero, get weapons, choose traps, place these on the floor, the ceiling, the walls, the stairs, the bridge and so on. You can create a 3D combination defense. The most important thing is to safeguard the Magic Portal. You have to make sure the magical instrument is not seized by the devil.

You can pay $2 to buy a hamburger and get 10 minutes of taste pleasure or you can buy the full version of Magic Guard to get a few days of gaming pleasure! If our developers have enough budget we will continue to add subsequent game content. Full version users will have free access to this subsequent content. This game has no IAP and very little advertising. Support us and lets change the world now!

Apologies for the initial localization errors, the first amateur localization vendor we used used an automatic translating system and cheated us.

Warning: This game app runs better on iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation)! The game app has a poorer performance on iPhone 4 and iPod touch (4th generation). We have therefore limited the number of enemies that can appear at the same time for smoother running on these devices. Unfortunately this makes the game too easy for some users on these devices.

Vovin's comments:

Ooooh, looki looki, "Orcs Must Die" for iOS.

Getting it before it might get pulled.
04-12-2013, 07:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Well, I don't know how to say, but this IS "Orcs Must Die" for iOS, or better: it is "Lizardman Must Die".

But again, like the very good Borderlands clone "Black Dawn", this is of high value. A smooth engine, an epic orchestral soundtrack, graphics are generic but very nice to look at, but the best: the controls. You will be confused first, but after ten minutes, you want these controls in many other games. You run with a joystick (forward/backward), strafe left or right; with your index finger on the right half you swipe to look/turn around and additionally, you target your enemies via gyroscope controls. As soon, as you got used to it, it plays like a breeze. Really. I just finished map 2 on easy and it's fun to play.

About the game: don't worry, in-game translation is better as in appstore desription (like Black Dawn). Game also has voice-overs, the rest is completely like Orcs Must Die. Different level design, but everything else is in.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-12-2013 at 10:11 AM.

04-12-2013, 07:08 AM
grabbed! thanks for the imps Vovin~ loving orcs must die!!

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
04-12-2013, 07:47 AM
I just don't understand all the level achievements, lol.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Iphone only?
04-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Downloaded as I read the Vovin's brief review. This game made my day!
04-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Iphone only?
Yeah that's what I was wondering, since this looks like the best Orcs Must Die clone to date.

Also, anyone know how many types of traps there are, or if they're upgradeable like the OMD?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Yeah that's what I was wondering, since this looks like the best Orcs Must Die clone to date.

Also, anyone know how many types of traps there are, or if they're upgradeable like the OMD?

First, doesn't look universal. The Appstore description doesn't say anything either. I can't tell 'cause I have no iPad.

Second, you get new traps or weapons each level, but I am only at level 4, at start and was run over... after that, I had no time to play until now. But I haven't seen trap upgrades yet. Maybe that's the only thing missing - but I can't say yet.
Still, the traps seem to be the same as in OMD.

I like the feature that the screen locks when placing traps, but you can always unlock and lock the screen again, manually.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-12-2013 at 10:13 AM.
04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Grrr... Wish this was universal, I'd buy it without hesitation! I only play on an iPad and often iPhone GUI controls just don't feel comfortable for me when playing on an iPad (buttons are usually too big, too far over, etc). To buy or not to buy...
04-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Grrr... Wish this was universal, I'd buy it without hesitation! I only play on an iPad and often iPhone GUI controls just don't feel comfortable for me when playing on an iPad (buttons are usually too big, too far over, etc). To buy or not to buy...

Button layout is good on iPhone, but not customizable.

I am excited to know if chaos_envoys and Capronissimo share my options about it.

Found a few more typos in game, but it's no big deal since there's only very little text.

Forgot to mention, the game had 8 maps right now, playable on two levels (easy and hard) and a handful of achievements for each level, 7 or 8.
But there's a placeholder for more levels and the devs stated that they will add more levels and traps soon.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-12-2013 at 11:14 AM.