★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

IOS games similar to old-school Fallout?

04-12-2013, 07:25 PM
IOS games similar to old-school Fallout?

Just to clarify, I mean the top down Fallout 1 and 2 style, not 3

So yeah, any IOS games like this? Open world RPG, with tons of decisions and choices to make that change the world and story, turn-based tactical combat? Doesn't have to be sci-fi, could be fantasy or historical, but preferably in that old-school style. Not retro like a Zelda game and not a JRPG like Final Fantasy

And it has to be able to run on an iPhone 4

Last edited by Bronxsta; 04-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.
04-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post

So yeah, any IOS games like this? Open world RPG, with tons of decisions and choices to make that change the world and story, turn-based tactical combat? Doesn't have to be sci-fi, could be fantasy or historical, but preferably in that old-school style

I am looking mate will reply tommorow.

04-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:

So yeah, any IOS games like this? Open world RPG, with tons of decisions and choices to make that change the world and story, turn-based tactical combat? Doesn't have to be sci-fi, could be fantasy or historical, but preferably in that old-school style

Someone should port fallout 1 & 2 to iOS, straight ports charging full price. That would be a dream for me.

On topic: nothing really comes to mind but Ill keep watch on this thread as I would love to know if theres a game like that aviable.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
04-12-2013, 08:51 PM
It would translate really well to touch too, I'd be another keen.
04-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Xenome has a similar post-apocalyptic theme.

Kingturn, just released, is an excellent fantasy themed turn based stratgy game.

Not much in the same league as Fallout on iOS comes to mind.
04-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Baldurs gate......nm didn't see iPhone 4
04-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Quote:

So yeah, any IOS games like this? Open world RPG, with tons of decisions and choices to make that change the world and story, turn-based tactical combat? Doesn't have to be sci-fi, could be fantasy or historical, but preferably in that old-school style. Not retro like a Zelda game and not a JRPG like Final Fantasy

There is fall of angles it's an oldschool jrpg with the same focus on exploration that fallout had but it's not post apoctoliptic....
04-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdgames View Post
There is fall of angles it's an oldschool jrpg with the same focus on exploration that fallout had but it's not post apoctoliptic....
Fall of Angels is essential; everyone go download it immediately... it's a treat game too often overlooked.
04-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Xenome has a similar post.
Another vote for Xenome. Completed that game and really enjoyed it. Shame a sequel never came out as promised (presume poor sales sadly)
04-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Another vote for Xenome. Completed that game and really enjoyed it. Shame a sequel never came out as promised (presume poor sales sadly)
A) Not sure about xenome.
B) The dev company shutdown.