★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dizzy Bee Strategy?

12-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Dizzy Bee Strategy?

I don't understand this game. My initial understanding is to play this game like labyrinth. Meaning I hold the iphone parallel to the table and tilt it slightly to move my bee around with precision. But when I do this the game gives me this cryptic message about how if I hold my phone to flat the fruit will get sick.

What are they trying to tell me? Is it bad if the fruit gets sick? Does my bee get sick? Why does only the fruit get sick? Someone explain this to me? It seems insane to not hold the phone flat and play this game, I mean you will fall to the bottom of the screen so quickly, and so will all the buzz saws, and bad guys.
12-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Just click on "Stop Saying" or whatever that little message says and you'll never see that message again.

12-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
I don't understand this game. My initial understanding is to play this game like labyrinth. Meaning I hold the iphone parallel to the table and tilt it slightly to move my bee around with precision. But when I do this the game gives me this cryptic message about how if I hold my phone to flat the fruit will get sick.

What are they trying to tell me? Is it bad if the fruit gets sick? Does my bee get sick? Why does only the fruit get sick? Someone explain this to me? It seems insane to not hold the phone flat and play this game, I mean you will fall to the bottom of the screen so quickly, and so will all the buzz saws, and bad guys.
Your second paragraph is hilarious! Just tell the message to stop popping up... You're completely right, you have to hold it parallel to the floor, otherwise everything slides to one corner... Have you gotten far?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
12-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Quote:
I emailed Igloo Games a while back. They said the part about them getting sick is just for fun. The fruits and the bee don't get sick. The game was meant to be played vertical, but that also doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather play it like Labyrinth.
12-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Well I am glad I'm not crazy. The problem with hitting the button is you need to hit the button once every game session, or so it seems to me. I have been hitting that button every time I see it.

The other annoyance is EVEN if you hit the button, when you hold the phone flat this translucent orange yield sign appearance on the screen, I think it's warning me that I am holding the screen to flat. Are these people insane? Why did they put in so many warnings about holding the phone flat? They put it in a joke? I don't buy that for a second! It's not funny, it's just confusing.

I guess I am pretty far, I have totally completed 2 islands with at least silver stars. I am currently on the island that looks like a foot. If there are only 5 islands in the game then I am about half-way done. I love the game, I just wish I didn't have to feel like I was cheating or something when I hold it flat >_<
12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I played the demo of this and noticed the yeild sign as well, didn't bother me that much though, I just played through it. Still wish they wouldn't allow it to pop up and agree it should be played like labyrinth.
12-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Well I am glad I'm not crazy. The problem with hitting the button is you need to hit the button once every game session, or so it seems to me. I have been hitting that button every time I see it.

The other annoyance is EVEN if you hit the button, when you hold the phone flat this translucent orange yield sign appearance on the screen, I think it's warning me that I am holding the screen to flat. Are these people insane? Why did they put in so many warnings about holding the phone flat? They put it in a joke? I don't buy that for a second! It's not funny, it's just confusing.

I guess I am pretty far, I have totally completed 2 islands with at least silver stars. I am currently on the island that looks like a foot. If there are only 5 islands in the game then I am about half-way done. I love the game, I just wish I didn't have to feel like I was cheating or something when I hold it flat >_<
Are you sure? There should be 2 button choices - if you click one it'll keep warning you, and if you click the other one it stops warning you. Unless they changed it since I last played...
12-06-2008, 01:35 PM
STAY AWAY FROM BAD GUYS AND SAVE AT LEAST 1 FRUIT. Thats what I do and it seems to work.
12-06-2008, 02:52 PM
You are supposed to play vertical. This is one of the best games I have installed so far. Think of the game as a puzzle game, not action. Flip the iPhone around in such a way that the 'bad guys' get stuck behind walls, etc.